Which JP can be portal-ed?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: MorganOneNine.1025

MorganOneNine.1025

I’m finally getting around to building up my mesmer alt, and am rather enjoying portaling people through JPs. Besides Sharkmaw and Urmaug’s Secret, are there any others (outside of LA) that can be portaled, and that folks often ask for?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Just about every single JP I can think of can be portaled. The most in-demand ones would probably be the difficult ones like Not So Secret and Skipping Stones (tough for some due to latency issues).

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

theres the Obsidian Sanctum JP too if people are running it, they always thank me when I port them and sometimes I get tipped 1g or so.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: Tiscan.8345

Tiscan.8345

“Scavenger’s Chasm” requires people to collect 12 energy-orbs – so portal-ing to the chest won’t work. “Hidden Garden” uses a similar approach (you must collect Cantle of Sky/Sea/Earth/Sun) and thus can’t be portal-ed. To open the chests in the WvW-Puzzles (only in the Borderlands) you need 2 parts of a key – so portal-ing to the chest doesn’t work there, either.

“Only Zhul” and “The Collapsed Observatory” are underground and qould require multiple portals (if i remember right, portal-ing directly to the chest from outside of the puzzle is impossible).

I’m not sure about “Tribulation Caverns” (really can’t remember what the end looked like – i remember falling down a tunnel to Dissun’s Mine – its probably possible to portal from there) and “Loreclaw Expanse”.

In pretty much all other JPs, you can easily portal people to the chest directly.

“Skipping Stones”, “Not so Secret” and “Obsidian-Sanctum” are usually the JPs where people ask for portals because they are kinda hard. “Troll’s End” can be frustrating, too (that one jump in the middle where most people fall down). Lots of people ask for “Weyandt’s Revenge” , too because they are too kitten lazy (or they die right at the entrance)

(edited by Tiscan.8345)

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

Dark Reverie – comfy for portals, annoying to do because its long, and starts at the end of other JP (Morgan’s Leap)

kill all ze thingz

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

OMG, I so want someone to portal me to the end of Dark Reverie…

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

OMG, I so want someone to portal me to the end of Dark Reverie…

Message me anytime in-game if you see me on and I’ll help you out whenever you want.

Most people can’t make that tricky shroom jump at the top, but that is because they are trying to jump to the slightly angled shroom (and fall to death) instead of to the branch behind it that holds the shroom, and then go from the branch onto the shroom.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |