in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

human :P they are op

Which Race should I pick?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Your race only affects what your character looks like and the first part of the personal story. (Oh and some skills but hardly anyone uses any of them because the profession skills are better.)

So if you’re interested in story and lore pick the race that interests you most, or the one that fits best with the character you want to make. If not pick the one you like the look of.

Same goes for all the other choices at character creation, except your profession. All the questions you get asked when making the character just determine the first part of your story.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

If u like platform games with lots of jumping and environmental scaling, do not use a Charr or a Norn.

I u like PVP,use an Asura,they are very small and its harder to see their telegraphed moves in TPVP especially midst all the particles and effects mid battle.

Posted by: Clockwork Bard.3105

Clockwork Bard.3105

Asur— Oh…

Silly bookahs have no appreciation for true genius.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

(Oh and some skills but hardly anyone uses any of them because the profession skills are better.)

Although in the case of engineer you may end up using a race healing skill

but no one really plays engineer

On a different note, take a look at the cultural armors for each race
http://www.gw2armorgallery.com/types.htm#cultural
Only that race can wear it so if any of those really appeal to you have your answer

Ultimately in the end race is a very cosmetic decision, once you get past level 20 personal story race doesn’t affect the story/

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

(edited by Protoavis.9107)

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Im not going to be biased since I dont think that having 4 characters and all of them being sylvari could influence my response, but here it goes anyways;

Sylvari is your best option.

Why you ask? Well, we are the ultimate race when it comes to battles; we are born adults, sentient, fully educated, ready to fight, with a purpose, we can be produced in masses yet each one is truly unique! We glow at night, we have the prettiest zones,the best music, the best lore.

Reasons why you should NOT pick humans/norns: they are boring, not boring in the sense of boring, but whats the point of playing a fantasy rich game and be a boring …human…… norns are just overgrown, alcoholic, disfigured humans.

Charrs are acceptable, but Im still not very convinced about them specially after Ascalon..

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

Avoid Norn and Charr, the larger models make a mess of camera angles and the scaled down running animation makes them look slow (they aren’t but your perception will be a frustrating slow run).

Especially avoid Charr because of the stupid 4-legged run that curses them, no GW1 or npc Charr is cursed this way, just your character.

Asura also have some camera issues.

That leaves you with Sylvari or human, both have good starting areas unlike the other races so another bonus. Just depends if you are in to the whole plant life thing.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Every account gets 5 char slots so feel free to make 5 chars with 1 from each race. Try them all and THEN decide what you like from that.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Avoid Norn and Charr, the larger models make a mess of camera angles and the scaled down running animation makes them look slow (they aren’t but your perception will be a frustrating slow run).

Especially avoid Charr because of the stupid 4-legged run that curses them, no GW1 or npc Charr is cursed this way, just your character.

Depends a bit on class and how you play it If you go Charr Warrior (which most appear to) you can maintain 100% uptime of swiftness (+33% running) with a trait and warhorn, which also keeps you running on 2 feet the whole time. The 100% swiftness is also possible on some other classes (I know engineer is one)

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Sylvari if you want to be the master race.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: PillageYourVillage.7548

PillageYourVillage.7548

Make Charr, only race.
I hope that in GW3 Charr will have eradicated all other races in Tyria and all players will be forced to create Charr and all enemies will be Charr too and all bosses, gods, dragons etc. will be Charr too.

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Im completely new to the game.
Only race im not interested in is Asura

Aww but I love the Asuras!!!! </3

I like Humans and Charr the best!!!
Then again, I love the History between those 2 races!

The Personal Stories are nice!

Sylvari is like “The Matrix Meets Avatar movies” but not really!
Play the first instance at level1 and You’ll see what I mean when you wake up to the real world Neo!

I’d say pick a Race that you like and see how the story and athestic goes for it.
It’s up to you really!

But I hate the NORNS Storyline! My Opinion! =P Your’s might be different!

Posted by: NornBearPig.9814

NornBearPig.9814

I found the Norn to be the most straightforward “Im a hero and theres a world out there to discover” which is a good starting point for a new player, compared to the other races which have some pre-existing agenda like waging war (charr), rooting out corruption (human), etc.

But really, just pick the one who’s lore/aesthetic intrigues you the most. It matters very little in PvE, none at all in sPvP (asuras). WvW it matters some, but not enough that it should decide your first character.

Posted by: Kylah.7391

Kylah.7391

Asura are the superior Race!

Kylah Bliss a Thief in the Shadows
[ASOS] Asuran Society of Socialites
Skype -Kylalalah-

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Well, depends on what you like for you first few levels of personal story…

Political Intrigue: Humans.

Heroism: Norn.

Nature bound Mystery: Sylvari.

Technobabble and real-world/popculture-references: Asura.

Uhm…Military-ism: Charr.

Or something along those lines. The first couple of story missions have a unique feeling for each race – apart from that though, you can go wherever you like from lvl 2 on. So it’s up to what look and feeling you enjoy, really.

Polka will never die