Which gathering tools for leveling via WvW?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: rob.1705

rob.1705

I’m sure this has been answered, but I couldn’t find it on the forums or, surprisingly, thru google, so here it goes:

I have a level 23 necro that I’m been leveling via WvW. Of course, I forgot to pick up higher leveling gathering tools beforehand, and that my basic tools were failing all over the place.

This is an alt, so I have a little bit of coin, but didn’t want to overspend on tools either. I was looking thru the wiki at http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gathering_tool. Is it correct that the “mithril” line of tools (1s 60c) would be sufficient for WvW gathering?

Thanks very much for any info!!

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

The mithril line of tools is the best choice for gathering in WvW. It will allow you to gather almost everything without having the hassle of switching back and forth on tools. There are only a few rare nodes in eternal battlegrounds that require orichalcum tools like orrian sapling/orichalcum mineral/ghost peppers/orrian truffle.

Posted by: rob.1705

rob.1705

Thank you very much!!

EDIT
On a “fail” side note… the mithril line requires level 45 (natural, not “upconverted”). My little baby necro can’t use them. Bah.

(edited by rob.1705)

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

The level of materials in the borderlands are lower than the eternal battlegrounds. You only need steel tools(level 20) to gather everything there.

Posted by: zerorogue.9410

zerorogue.9410

Big tip here, you can get Orichalcum level harvesting tools for very little karma if you know where to look!

if you have cursed shore on a character, Lightbringer Ives in Caer Shadowfain sells Orichalcum Harvesting Sickles for 350 Karma.

If not you can get a Foraging Sickle from Cesseilia near Whisperwill Bogs in Bloodtide Coast for 658 Karma. It works exactly like the Orichalcum Sickles.