Which gets more love @ lvl 80-Necro or War?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: AzzaCin.3691

AzzaCin.3691

Been stuck with this decision on which to level up first. Have both at lvl 42, but my main question is, which is best to get to 80 first? Necromancer or Warrior? I am aiming to play both PvE and PvP and want to know which of the two will most likely do better and have a higher chance of being invited in those 2 categories?

Posted by: clyde broken.3107

clyde broken.3107

warrior i have a necro its lv 80 but warriors get more love its unfair honestly

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Warrior, most definitely if you want a class that gets invites to dungeons.
I don’t PvP but I’ve read that warriors are weak there, also WvW. You might want to check the profession forums to see what they complain about.

Posted by: Rok.5260

Rok.5260

Well lets see from the information I’ve gathered:

Warriors Pros:

- Great at PvE, Wanted in Dungeons and Fractals
- Good at roaming in wvw as Greatsword or Hammer + Sword/Shield, gives lots of mobility so you can run away from fights that aren’t in your favor

Warrior Cons:

- Not that great in TPvP/SPvP, I hear it’s the worst profession for TPvP/SPvP

Necromancer Pros:

- Good AoE, useful in zergs so you can “Tag” enemies in wvw for badges
- I would say only average in PvE/Dungeons and Fractals, nothing special other than having the lowest cooldown for revive
- I hear Necromancers are doing well in TPvP/SPvP

Necromancer Cons:

- Not that great for roaming, you don’t have a lot of escapes unless you’re a Norn Necromancer for Snow Leopard form

Posted by: captaincrash.6528

captaincrash.6528

Warriors get more love but not that Necros are bad. You have to work a little harder to be a ‘better player’ but they are still a good profession, and leagues ahead of Warriors in PvP I understand.

Crash ~ Charr Reaper

Posted by: AzzaCin.3691

AzzaCin.3691

I see, so I guess I’ll just have to get both to 80 seeing as how Warrior is mostly used for dungeon runs and Necromancer for PvP. Seeing as how I am broke in game it should be Warrior first for the gold farm/dungeons. Unless anyone knows how a Necro is able to farm faster than a Warrior.

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

Man, I found out the other day that warriors have sick mobility in WvW with a greatsword. I was chasing this dude for three minutes and just could not keep up with him, just gave up after he used enough 3’s and 5’s.

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I see, so I guess I’ll just have to get both to 80 seeing as how Warrior is mostly used for dungeon runs and Necromancer for PvP. Seeing as how I am broke in game it should be Warrior first for the gold farm/dungeons. Unless anyone knows how a Necro is able to farm faster than a Warrior.

If you take a character to the PvP area, it’s immediately level 80 with access to all traits, wearing exotic armor and has a set of exotic weapons and can get free sigils, runes and amulets. I don’t know if they have other jewerly there. Don’t do PvP and never saw a merch with those.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)