Which non-heavy class?

Which non-heavy class?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Mikali.9651

Mikali.9651

First I was Warrior main, got 100% map completion, did every story till today, but I’ve never shacked a feeling that I find it’s utility skills so boring, and weapon skills in particular. I do have Guardian and now with Dragonhunter unlocked I have a blast! That’s kinda class I enjoy play, utility skills, nice damage, blocks, protection – much more active gameplay and teamplay focused then Warrior! So, Guardian is my main atm

What I do want to ask, which class would be as great as guardian in terms of damage, team utility, some tricks and more ways to go about using different utility skills and weapons?
I am asking this cuz much have changed since HoT and elite specializations release, and I did have a break about year and a half.

Guardian is here for all my PvE content, fractals, maybe even raids, wvw; but I do want another fun class, maybe even one that is a bit on a stronger side of 1vs1 for some wvw roaming!

Thank you in advance for insights!

Which non-heavy class?

Posted by: Spacial.1683

Spacial.1683

What I do want to ask, which class would be as great as guardian in terms of damage, team utility, some tricks and more ways to go about using different utility skills and weapons?

Have a look at Mesmer. It’s frequently said to have the lowest DPS of all, but I certainly haven’t found that. It does have the weakest armour though, which is a challenge.

It has some great ranged weapons. Close up, not so much.

It’s ability to create clones is really handy, After you’re downed, they carry on fighting. It can also conjure up a golem.

It can create portals and the Blink utility is excellent for running away.

Loads of other utilities to aid allies.

Which non-heavy class?

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

I was gonna suggest elementalist. Each weapon slot basically has 4 skills in that slot depending on which attunement you are in. With tempest, they have some good party support and utility. Good damage, can be tanky, it’s really a class that is what you make of it.

The other suggestion I’d consider is engineer. Nothing has more utility than that class in my opinion. With the kits and the toolbelt skills, you have more options of what to do than any other class.

Which non-heavy class?

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

I like elementalist. They can be whatever you want them to be, although the meta for group PvE content is pretty much all out damage. They have access to plenty of heals, auras, and boons for support if you like and although they don’t have access to an in-combat weapon swap like most classes do, they have 20 skills divided into 4 elemental attunements for each weapon type. And don’t worry about their reputation for being “squishy”, if you want to build for it you can be very tanky as an elementalist.

Which non-heavy class?

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

I love my Chronomancer, I bring two unique tools to a party that at this point have become so meta I’m afraid I will never be playing anything but Chrono from now on. Quickness has become player crack and Alacrity is the icing on the Chrono cake. I have a lot of blocks/invulnerabilities and I have a way of sharing my invulnerability to others as well with a simple use of a signet and/or summoning a phantom if I trait it right. Shield 4 skill is my in-game love…if I could marry a skill it would be that one. Focus 4 makes my party happy, groups just love it when I snag a whole bunch of mobs and bring them in close for an epi/cleave hug party. The rotation can easily be ingrained into the memory and leaves you a lot of tools to work with after it too.

Which non-heavy class?

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

I suggest Elementalist

The damage potential is great (insane damage on big hitboxes in PvE)
And Ele has also access to various utility skills which can be useful depending on game mode and situation (strong blind field, blocks, absorbs, reflects, many soft and hard CCs, …)

For sPvP currently only Support Shout Ele is truly viable in high Tiers
But for WvW you can have great fun with Full Zerk builds too

Once you get used to switching between the 4 Elements when necessary Ele offers great variety since you have so many different skills no matter what build you play

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1