Which profession has the fastest natural speed buff?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: FXLEACH.9436

FXLEACH.9436

Hello. I’m thinking of playing a thief for a while because I like their natural speed buff.
It’s instant and is a decent buff.
Have I missed anything>

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

You can easily have 100% uptime on swiftness for warriors at least. It beats any passive speed buff.

One – Piken Square

FXLEACH.9436

Ah I see. I’ll look into that, thanks.

Posted by: BakBakaa.2453

BakBakaa.2453

As far as speed goes I am pretty sure all swiftness effects are standardized at 33%. There are some abilities like engineer’s tool belt ability for slick shoes that allows you to run twice as fast for a much shorter duration though.

You can easily have 100% uptime on swiftness for warriors at least. It beats any passive speed buff.

This is also true for engineers. The “speedy kits” trait is awesome and only requires 10 trait points to get.

SPEEDY KITS ( http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Speedy_Kits )

Gain swiftness for 5 seconds when ever you equikittent. This effect cannot trigger more then once every 5 seconds.

(edited by BakBakaa.2453)

FXLEACH.9436

As far as speed goes I am pretty sure all swiftness effects are standardized at 33%. There are some abilities like engineer’s tool belt ability for slick shoes that allows you to run twice as fast for a much shorter duration though.

This is also true for engineers. The “speedy kits” trait is awesome and only requires 10 trait points to get.

Gain swiftness for 5 seconds when ever you equikittent. This effect cannot trigger more then once every 5 seconds.

Ah I see.
That’s quite interesting.

I’d appreciate it heaps if someone could explain how to keep speed buffs up on warr all the time.

Otherwise I may just go with thief, because passive is pretty shweet.

BakBakaa.2453

Ah I see.
That’s quite interesting.

I’d appreciate it heaps if someone could explain how to keep speed buffs up on warr all the time.

Otherwise I may just go with thief, because passive is pretty shweet.

I believe it has to do with a trait that reduces the cool down of war horn skills by 20% . Since one of the war horn skills is charge which gives you swiftness for 10 seconds, you can effectively keep swiftness up at all times.

I do not play warrior though so this is just from research/theory crafting.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

elementalist also has a bunch.
10% passive in air
25% passive in air (currently bugged to only 10% IIRC)
15% passive in arcana
10% passive on a signet

Ride the lightning moves over twice as fast as swiftness
swiftness upon attuning to air
swiftness from updraft (which also rolls you away from target, giving you extra speed, and a dodge)
swiftness from the staff 4 skill (which also removes cripple and freeze)

FXLEACH.9436

Thanks Zenyatoo.
I think I’ll just roll with thief because I prefer the passive via a signet rather than via weaponry.

BakBakaa.2453

Glad to hear it! Good Luck and Have fun! Also if you end up doing pvp and see Grimm Irongear take it easy on him :P

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

For warriors it’s actually quite easy. The elite skill Signet of Rage gives you 30 seconds of swiftness (and might and fury!) on a 60 second cooldown. Couple that with a trait trat reduces signet recharge by 20% (to 48 seconds) and a warhorn (10 seconds of swiftness on 20 sec cooldown) and you can already run non-stop (swiftness stacks in duration so signet + warhorn = 40 seconds of swiftness, at 20 seconds blast horn again for 10 more seconds = 50 seconds of swiftness against 48 seconds cooldown on signet).

Alternatively you can put points in the trait line that gives boon duration bonus. Full line gives you 30% boon duration bonus and you can further reinforce this with runes to go to 60% total, which is exactly what you need to have constant swiftness with the signet trait. Upside is that you can wield 2 handed weapons or a shield offhand plus have might and fury on you 100% of the time. Downside is that you will lack some offensive power.

One – Piken Square