Which profession is the best for leveling?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Bastion.1298

Bastion.1298

By this, I mean which profession levels the quickest and the most efficiently?

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Since killing enemies has a comparatively small effect on XP gain, I don’t know that there’s going to be a lot of difference between one profession and the next for levelling.

The quickest and most efficient way to level is to spend one Scroll of Knowledge (from a Birthday Gift) and then 60 Tomes of Knowledge (earned in many places, with login rewards and PvP reward tracks the most common). That will level a character of any class to 80 in as much time as it takes you to double-click 61 times.

Posted by: Alerno.1425

Alerno.1425

If you are new player and don’t have tomes and scrolls, then answer is all the classes are fast levelers.

I don’t know what you mean by efficiency, but survilability (is that even a word?) is an issue of course. There an warrior is good choice, but so is ranger, mesmer, guardian, engineer and necro.

Best way to level is do events around the zone and not just focus on the heart quests. Events give you tons of more exp than just killing mobs and you also get money and karma plus everything you loot from mobs you kill in the event.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

The class you enjoy the most give the most easy and fast leveling experience.

You don’t even notice how fast it is to hit lv80 with your enjoyable class, but you will notice how slow it is if you don’t enjoy the class.

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

depends on how you want to do it.

Thief or Mesmer with their stealth and teleport mechanics will allow you to waypoint hop across the entire map and level quickly. You can avoid most fights and its easy to take part in an event here or there.

Otherwise pick a class with high mobility (warrior, ele, engie) and hop into Edge of the Mists. You’ll be max level in 10 hours with boosters running.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

Anything with lots of cleave and lots of utility; However, I really suggest picking whatever you find the most fun to play. If you don’t enjoy what you’re playing then you won’t have a good experience regardless.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

You want to clear zones and kill lots of yellow target ambient creatures in isolated, out of the way places on the map, so good mobility is likely the key here. Now if you are going to level using crafting or some other method, it doesn’t really matter.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: SiegHawk.5684

SiegHawk.5684

Can never go wrong with a warrior. Fast, tank, good damage, good mobility, pretty much a huge package of goods.

[FA] We are the Superior Race. ^.^

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

hahaha, you said “goods” >_<

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

The class you enjoy the most give the most easy and fast leveling experience.

You don’t even notice how fast it is to hit lv80 with your enjoyable class, but you will notice how slow it is if you don’t enjoy the class.

this, it is important to try out all classes

Posted by: BattleCat.2098

BattleCat.2098

By this, I mean which profession levels the quickest and the most efficiently?

This isn’t WoW. Other than dungeons and PvP, end game starts at level 1. You can be level 50, going to a starter area, kill a random mob and get better gear. I’ve done that plenty of times. Going back to low-level areas simply mean you are downscaled, so you won’t be godlike, yet the XP and loot are scaled to your level.

Or in other words: Levels are pointless. They give you access to higher level areas, but they don’t take away the lower level areas from you either. And trust me, when you reach level 80, you still have tons of areas left to explore. On top of all that, keep in mind max level isn’t going to increase any time soon. Instead we’ll get masteries and specializations that makes the professions different and more fun, but not necessarily better in any way.

Furthermore, what do you mean “most efficient”? You can XP for just about anything – except killing stuff. Or you do, but it’s really not that much. I levelled nearly instantly from lvl 68 to 76 simply by reaching a new tier in my crafting, meaning I had a whole lot of new stuff to work with. New ore, new planks, new gear. I spend time exploring every area to get 100% map completion. It takes a while, and I don’t often see the XP bar popping up much. But when I get the 100% MC, it pops up quite a bit. And now that my mesmer is lvl 80, there are still plenty of places I haven’t even visited yet, and even more I haven’t gotten 100% MC on yet. My crafting is only lvl 200ish, so there’s a lot more to do there. You get the idea. Have fun, and don’t focus on reaching a pointless max level as quickly as possible, as there isn’t anything to do there anyway you can’t already do on lower levels.

Too long, didn’t read: This game is about having fun, so “end game” starts at level 1.

(edited by BattleCat.2098)