Which profession?

Which profession?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Hyde.6248

Hyde.6248

So I have an 80 ele and have been really wanting an alt. I keep bouncing between all classes, and no I don’t want to face roll warrior because they’re OP. I like everything except engi for the most part. Although I want something that’s fun and has variety. Not like spam this and this skill on this weapon and switch, then spam this and this skill on that weapon to win everything. Ah what do you guys like best? Btw I’m mainly interested in wvw and pve (kinda).

Which profession?

Posted by: Caelus.7139

Caelus.7139

I’d say mesmer, mostly cause I’m new from 2 weeks ago and my first character is a mesmer and currently at 74 xD But really though I’ve been enjoying this class in PvE (open world, not much opinion on dungeons cause I’ve never successfully cleared any yet x_x) If variety is what you’re looking for mesmer definitely has it. I tried Manor and Ascalon dungeons at around 60+ (both once and didn’t complete yet, will go dungeons when I hit 80) and I could certainly see how switching utils and traits around makes it a different play style right away.

Now I’m kinda in your situation cause gf wants to try a different class after we get to 80 and can’t decide between engi or necro..

GW2 has taught me that being a Mesmer is about..
..being a cynical forecaster.
..being a doom-monger….and being a hopeless jinxer.

(edited by Caelus.7139)

Which profession?

Posted by: NornBearPig.9814

NornBearPig.9814

Every class is spam this spam that, your going to have to get used to it.
Can you give us details about yourself or your playstyle.

Offense vs defense?

Ranged vs melee?

Single target vs AoE?

Burst damage vs steady damage?

Squishy with escapes vs tanky and reliable?

Your opinion on pets/minions?

Which profession?

Posted by: Hyde.6248

Hyde.6248

Every class is spam this spam that, your going to have to get used to it.
Can you give us details about yourself or your playstyle.

Offense vs defense?

Ranged vs melee?

Single target vs AoE?

Burst damage vs steady damage?

Squishy with escapes vs tanky and reliable?

Your opinion on pets/minions?

Offensive
Melee
Single target but I need some AoE to tag people in wvw
Steady damage
Ive gotten quite good with dodging and all while playing my ele. But I wouldn’t mind something that had to move around a bit less.
Eh pets and minions are OK

Which profession?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Necromancer.
Plague.
Just stand around and apply damage pulses. No skill use necessary!

Which profession?

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

Necromancer with dagger/warhorn maybe? It’s offensive, melee and generally single target but has aoe damage (like warhorn skill 5 or dagger skill 2). Lots of sustain, but difficult to disengage from a fight if you need to (though Death Shroud basically gives you a second health bar).

Or, Ranger with sword/dagger, sword/warhorn, sword/torch or greatsword. Lots of evades, if you keep your pet on passive you only call it to attack specific targets and so can make for very active combat if you want it. Or, if wanting a relaxing time, send your pet in and use shortbow or longbow from a distance. Ranger melee attacks have cleave, so it’s not single target, however.

Which profession?

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Ele with Scepter/Dagger/Focus in PvE and with Staff in WvW.

A DPS Guardian (Sword/Focus, Greatsword) can be fun aswell especially when you are running dungeons.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.