Which professions can be played well easiest?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Noctis.2738

Noctis.2738

Which classes don’t require a lot of 6-0 presses and can still be played effectively? Thanks.

Posted by: FXLEACH.9436

FXLEACH.9436

Great sword guardian.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Warrior is also a good choice if you’re just after simplicity. Just whack on signets (Healing Signet, Signet of Might, Signet of Accuracy, Dolyak Signet, Signet of Rage) in slots 6 – 0 and never look at that portion of your bar again.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Warrior is the smash your head on keyboard and win profession.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Noctis.2738

I already have an 80 Warrior. Is there any other class?

Posted by: Blueroseknight.7954

Blueroseknight.7954

Warrior. Just mash the 1 button with any weapon and you will win the game.

Posted by: theerrantventure.9185

theerrantventure.9185

No need to mash ‘1’, that is autocast when set.

1)Target
2)Hit ‘1’
3)???
4)Profit

Snark aside, what is with wanting ‘an easy’ character to level? Are you playing purely to level toons or to experience the game? This mindset is very different from mine so I’m curious as to the drive behind it.

Trolls are like stray cats.
Feed them and they multiply.
Please do not feed them.

Posted by: Draco Aurum.7520

Draco Aurum.7520

The spirit ranger fits what you’re looking for, here’s a link to a spirit build:
http://www.gw2db.com/skill-builds/645-spirit-support

For me I use Nature Magic IV, VIII and XI instead of this builds V, IV and XI…it’s just my personal preference but the extra 15% for procs from the spirits with VIII is what I find works better for me.

Note that spirits are easily killed in any kind of pvp, so even though the build is listed as a pvp it’s more effective as a pve one.

There’s a lot of negativity about Rangers in their current state but this is a fun build and when all your spirits are up and with your pet out you feel like a Nature minion master

Noctis.2738

1)Target
2)Hit ‘1’
3)???
4)Profit

Snark aside, what is with wanting ‘an easy’ character to level? Are you playing purely to level toons or to experience the game? This mindset is very different from mine so I’m curious as to the drive behind it.

It’s not that I want to play easy profession. It’s just that I have no choice. My fingers can’t reach the 6 to 0 skills and even if I try to set them to other buttons my fingers can’t press like Z X C and move/dodge at the same time. I really don’t see how people do it without a gaming mouse or keyboard.

I wish I could use more demanding classes though.

Posted by: dreamer.1675

dreamer.1675

I had the same problem. I solved it by binding the utility skills to Shift+q, Shift+w and Shift+e. I also bound the heal skill to Shift+r. If Shift does not strike your fancy, you could try Control instead.

It takes a little practice but stick with it and you will get used to it in like a level or two. Hope it helps.

Posted by: Akhet.6527

Akhet.6527

Ranger is pretty fun and has lots of survival skills, but the pet pathing gets kind of annoying since you can’t control them and they have a tendency to accidentally Leeroy Jenkins, especially out in Orr.

Staff necro is easy to me, with all the AoE and pets. Just throw your pets at groups of mobs, throw down your AoEs and kite until they all die. I’m probably doing it wrong but it works.

Thief is also a good one if you’re an explorer, what with the stealth. You can cruise past tons of stuff to get to places, makes map completion a breeze and they’re a hilarious troll class. Don’t like the odds stacked against you? Just peace out with cloak and dagger and short bow shadow step.

Varien Sundfor
Council Leader of Flux Capacity [FLUX]
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

1)Target
2)Hit ‘1’
3)???
4)Profit

It’s not that I want to play easy profession. It’s just that I have no choice. My fingers can’t reach the 6 to 0 skills and even if I try to set them to other buttons my fingers can’t press like Z X C and move/dodge at the same time. I really don’t see how people do it without a gaming mouse or keyboard.

I wish I could use more demanding classes though.

I have the same problem not being able to reach the keys easily.

I did a bit of research and it appears that most of the best players either rebind (and have really fast piano player type finger reactions) or have a gaming mouse/gamepad.

At the very least look for a 4+ button mouse, map dodge to the center button and your next most non movement related skill to button 4

If you do that you can probably play most classes quite easily.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Huh… Is that how people are playing the game? I mostly just use my left hand for WASD movement, dodging, interacting, and use my mouse to click on skills to activate them. (I press C to target the nearest enemy, and Tab to cycle through enemies for targeting.)