While leveling up PVP ranks, what upgrade options do you have to make?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Bandit.7542

Bandit.7542

Q:

I just started playing the sPvP part of the game and it is a lot of fun! Now that i have reached rank 3, I am noticing the reward satchel contains random pvp armor for each tier I unlock. Is this the only way to get better pvp gear?

In the river of souls, the reaper of man shall walk among his minions.

Posted by: Malacath.9513

Malacath.9513

This makes me sad no post here….I want to know too how to get better gear… im almost rank 10 and have no clue…

Posted by: Svenn.5209

Svenn.5209

There isn’t “better” gear. Everyone has the same options for gear stats from the start. All of the PvP gear is cosmetic upgrades only. If you want to change gear, go to the vendors in Mists and get new runes and a new amulet to customize yourself.

Structured PvP is specifically structured so that everyone is equal and no one has an advantage because they’ve played longer or something. World vs World uses your regularly obtained gear, so if you want a PvP experience where you can get better gear that is your best bet.

Svenn Ethir – Seeds of War – Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: bennyrosso.8532

bennyrosso.8532

Yep, no better stats gear, just better looking gear that u can get from bags or craft with mats in the myst close to the tournament npc, u can buy the mats from the npc vendor and salvage the gear u dont use or that u have doubled.

Elementalist Rank 16 – Lvl 41

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

There isn’t “better” gear. Everyone has the same options for gear stats from the start. All of the PvP gear is cosmetic upgrades only. If you want to change gear, go to the vendors in Mists and get new runes and a new amulet to customize yourself.

Structured PvP is specifically structured so that everyone is equal and no one has an advantage because they’ve played longer or something. World vs World uses your regularly obtained gear, so if you want a PvP experience where you can get better gear that is your best bet.

This is all true, but also… higher ranks in PvP do allow you to purchase higher “ranked” gear sets (different cosmetic gear) from the vendors. Actually, you purchase loot bags and open them up for random pieces of cosmetic gear.

In sPvP all gear has equal stats. This is not true in PvE and WvWvW.

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.