Whisper's Secret Staff?

Whisper's Secret Staff?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Castingbar.3568

Castingbar.3568

Q:

During my early levels as an elementalist, I came upon a peculiar item. A staff. This not long after the launch, and thus my knowlegde of GW2 items etc. was rather limited.
I’d gotten the hang of kiting with the elementalist’s staff abilites quite well, so I was able to take on enemies with much higher levels than my own (ettins being a favoured enemy). And such, I came upon quite a lot of masterwork and rare equipment. And this is where the staff comes into play.

I found a staff, of which name I can’t remember. But it looked rather nice. So I made a screenshot. But my alas, my time with the staff was short. As it shortly got replaced by a better one. Having no clue that the skin was a rather rare one. I promptly salvaged it (having no knowledge of transmutation stones nor bank space left for it to occupy).

In later levels I stumbled upon the same staff. Apparently it was called “Whisper’s Secret Staff”. Only available for those allied with the Order of Whispers.
Which leaves me with quite the conundrum; I’ve yet to see another the one I found on the trading post. Nor can I acquire the staff from the vendor in theChantry of Secrets, as I joined the Durmond Priory.

My question is: Is there any way for me to get hold of either:
- a staff with the same skin, like I found oh-so-many levels ago?
- Whisper’s Secret Staff, by purchasing it with another character or the like?

Here’s a picture for you non-believers (shuuuuun!):
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8846/gw115h.jpg

Whisper's Secret Staff?

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

A:

1. Create an alt and join OoW with the alt (around lvl 30)
2. Buy staff and another white or blue rarity staff (must be fine or lower)
3. Transmute skin onto the other staff
4. Staff becomes account bound
5. Bank it, take it out with your ele
6. Transmute onto better staff

This method works with all equipments as of now.

Whisper's Secret Staff?

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

You must become apart of the Order of whispers (First order you should join, they are so cool and have secret bases everywhere). You buy this in their main base. It is the only weapon with this skin. When you buy an Order weapon/armor (so buying something from either Vigil, Priory, or Whispers) it is automatically soulbound to prevent this. You also can’t salvage these items.

Whisper's Secret Staff?

Posted by: Castingbar.3568

Castingbar.3568

Side question: How did I end up with the staff I found at lvl 16? Was it a fluke?

Whisper's Secret Staff?

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

go here and read the last couple comments. Should answer your question.

[SFD] – Maguuma