Who is a good Dire weapon user?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I got this crate off Teq this morning, and was trying to decide which weapon to pick to give to one of my alts. My main is a staff Elementalist, and she has 2 nice staffs already.

I’ve lately been enjoying my Necromancer quite a bit, but other than my main, I tend to cycle through them all quite a bit.

Outside of that, I suppose it would make sense (assuming they are account bound) to get something that the ‘most’ people could use? Not super excited about the skins themselves, I like small and plain skins, so I’m sure I’d re-skin it anyways.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

PvE? None. Toss it away. Scrap it. Do whatever with it.
WvW? Dire/trailblazer on cancer necros is meta, as is perplexity mesmers and permastealth thieves. Guards and eles meeeeeeeh it’ll work but it’s not as common.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Don’t toss it. If Dire proves not so great for you, you can fairly cheaply convert the weapon to other stats via the Mystic Forge.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_weapon#Prefix_change

Just get an ori inscription with the new stats you want and use that. So what you have is an ascended weapon of any stats you want; choose an alt that needs one and customize it for that alt.

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

“toss it away” bruh…

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Don’t toss it. If Dire proves not so great for you, you can fairly cheaply convert the weapon to other stats via the Mystic Forge.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_weapon#Prefix_change

Just get an ori inscription with the new stats you want and use that. So what you have is an ascended weapon of any stats you want; choose an alt that needs one and customize it for that alt.

Keep forgetting I can do that, and didn’t realize how inexpensive it was.

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I dunno if I’d consider permastealth thieves “meta”. And if even a single person at anet has a brain it’s going to be nerfed in 4 or 5 years.