Who is doing top DPS?

Who is doing top DPS?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: NameUnknown.6417

NameUnknown.6417

Just out of curiosity. Looking at the class specific forums everybody seems to be pointing the finger at everybody else. Nobody seems to be super happy with the state of their class…

Who is doing top DPS?

Posted by: Deafening Milk.6138

Deafening Milk.6138

People not being happy with their class does not mean it’s to do with DPS.
Currently the two best DPS classes are ele and engie

Who is doing top DPS?

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Since you bring up DPS and the only mode that actually cares about that is PvE im going out on a limb to say that people who are unhappy about their class probably have more complaints than just damage or at least don’t realize that damage isn’t the source of the problem.

See removing stealth from Mai Trin Fractal….Why was an entire mechanic made null ?
This is a repetitive pattern, first it was reflects, now stealth, i cannot wait to see what else gets gutted from usage.

Who is doing top DPS?

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I’m doing the top DPS. That’s all you need to know.

But seriously, nobody knows. In theory it is elementalists, but in practice it is not always elementalists.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Who is doing top DPS?

Posted by: revox.8273

revox.8273

it was burnzerker…sadly :/
but now, im pretty confident that" elementalist iz da beast"

Who is doing top DPS?

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

Yes, elementalists are doing the top doonga for dps. Plezz Anet, plez nerf and make equality happen.

gaem not made for mi
===========

Who is doing top DPS?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Sabetha? The OP did ask who.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Who is doing top DPS?

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

Just out of curiosity. Looking at the class specific forums everybody seems to be pointing the finger at everybody else. Nobody seems to be super happy with the state of their class…

If everyone thinks everyone else is OP, or every class thinks they’re the most UP, then you know you’ve achieved balance.

Who is doing top DPS?

Posted by: Rayden.3695

Rayden.3695

Interestingly enough at the moment things are pretty much as they were pre-HoT.

Assuming optimal situation where the player doesn’t have to kite any mobs or play defensively in any way. Elementalist in full berserker gear using staff is top dps if we’re talking about aoe damage. If there is only one thing to attack, a good thief, once again in full berserker, is slightly better dps.

This is of course talking from a perspective where the player is alone. In a proper team composition other classes do more damage than either one stated above would do alone. So maybe best to stop thinking about just your own dps and broaden your wievs to “What team composition has the highest dps” since solo dps is pretty irrelevant.

Who is doing top DPS?

NameUnknown.6417

I guess what I am really trying to sort out is which class is more likely be wanted for dungeons and raids?

Who is doing top DPS?

Posted by: OrbitalButt.5708

OrbitalButt.5708

I can lift 3897kg and I do squats and splats and I can DPS down the Goblin Hive Queen in 11s. Cortana is my friend and she lives in my phone and I kiss her goodnight at bedtime

A pretty big wheel down at the cracker factory

Who is doing top DPS?

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I guess what I am really trying to sort out is which class is more likely be wanted for dungeons and raids?

Dungeons, take whatever you want.

Currently what’s wanted for raids is a skilled player who understands the encounter, not one specific class. Be flexible and play every role at a good enough level and you will always have a spot in raids.

Who is doing top DPS?

Posted by: Rayden.3695

Rayden.3695

Dungeons are still pure direct damage so optimal team comp is still likely ps warrior, 2 eles, thief, and depending on the dungeon either mesmer or rev

Raids are more complicated since you need condis(Engi is the king there) and someone with slight tankiness, for this pretty much any class will do tbh. so you need to, surprise surprise, think about other things than just pure dps

Who is doing top DPS?

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Not a single one of my characters does top DPS. Lazy kittens.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Who is doing top DPS?

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

I can lift 3897kg and I do squats and splats and I can DPS down the Goblin Hive Queen in 11s. Cortana is my friend and she lives in my phone and I kiss her goodnight at bedtime

Don’t forget to nerf her night night every night

gaem not made for mi
===========

Who is doing top DPS?

Posted by: LegACy.1296

LegACy.1296

For personal DPS it’s Ele at the first place and Thief at the second.
Kinda makes sense since the both of them is super fragile, gotta compensate somewhere.

Who is doing top DPS?

Posted by: somhan.5924

somhan.5924

I think my girlfriend’s tuna casserole. Still feeling it hours later.

Who is doing top DPS?

Posted by: OrbitalButt.5708

OrbitalButt.5708

If your DPS is low you can listen to the Metal Gear Rising ost to Power Up and gain access to superhuman abilities normal people can only dream of

A pretty big wheel down at the cracker factory

Who is doing top DPS?

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Elementalists should do the top dps, seeing as they are made of paper.

Who is doing top DPS?

NameUnknown.6417

Elementalists should do the top dps, seeing as they are made of paper.

Well, they certainly felt that way when I was trying them out!

Who is doing top DPS?

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/44dli8/actual_dps_comparison_between_classesguard_ele/

In case this is still needed. Im usually referring to these numbers when thinking about dps, they seem fairly accurate.

Who is doing top DPS?

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

dps is only interesting in pve, and even here you seem to forget that skills are not only about get the most dps out, skills are also about knowing when to interrupt, knowing when to use your buffs, to cleans your conditions, to share the buffs and when, to imobalize, to heal up and so on. This is not a WoW game were you stand stacked on one spot and hitting a macro to get 10 more dps out of your build.

Who is doing top DPS?

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Dungeons? Go with whatever, the power creep that was introduced makes it where any class is contributing more damage/utility than what the content was originally designed for. That, and there was a dramatic drop in players participating in this content so most groups will take what they can get without being too picky other than maybe wanting an 80’s only group.

Raids? That’s an entirely different story. In your typical Raid group you’re more concerned about roles rather than the individual classes to an extent.

“Mandatory” roles:

Tank: nothing special here other than this guy is going to be the designated decoy for luring the bosses often time run ahead and not actually doing much damage. Top contenders are usually Chronos, Reapers, Scrappers, and Daredevils as they don’t give up too much to be “tanky” while still offering respectable damage output while on the run (or buffs in the case of the Chrono).

Healer: This role has a lot of variability primarily based on the comfort of your team. A stronger more focused team is going to be less reliant on external heals. A sloppier team will more likely be taking more unnecessary damage so you will more or less need to babysit the team with heals. As such you have anything from a fully offensively geared healer with a few “healer traits” for bursts heals while the other side of the spectrum is fully deck out in Healing Power with high Healing modifiers with multiple healing traits. Druids and Tempests are the top contenders for this role though I’ve personally had successful runs with a Herald Healer.

Other than those two you’re looking to fill mechanical roles:

Green circles: More often than not these players will be away from melee distance of boss so you will want players that can still damage/function at range
Red Guardian: Power damage hits like a wet noodle on the boss so you need a few condi classes to do noticeable damage.

4 Spirits: These players need to have a healthy amount off soft cc to hinder the Spirits from getting to Gorseval

Cannons: Virtually anyone can do this, but those classes that have access to shadowsteps/blinks are generally favored as they can more reliably get to the launch pads.

After all that? Well, it’s up to you to see how many slots you have left, how many of the roles you can multi-task (E.G. Healer can also run green circles), who you want for direct damage vs who can buff others for more damage. etc.

Virtually any class is used in a raid group though it’s completely up to the organizer to fill in the 10 slots with what he/she feels works best.