Why is FOTM in Lions Arch?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: ZeroArmada.9426

ZeroArmada.9426

I never understood why FOTM is in one of the most busiest and fullest cities in the game. The load time is bad enough when there aren’t even holidays going on, so why would Anet make it even worse by placing FOTM in LA? The load times having to go to LA is ridiculously long. It has gotten to the point (during prime time) where the load is so bad I go get a drink or something, come back, and it still hasn’t loaded. Even during the quieter times, it still takes a while to load.

Why isn’t it in Southsun Cove? I mean new map, new dungeon, makes sense.

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

Overflows for cross-server partying is why.

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.

Posted by: Amra.6028

Amra.6028

Overflows for cross-server partying is why.

Any other dungeon doesn’t need it, so is there a reason apart complete failure and epic kitten levels at ANet?

Posted by: Wolfgang Hype.8970

Wolfgang Hype.8970

FOTM is an all-levels dungeon. Everyone is bumped up to level 80, so anyone from a lvl 2 player to a lvl 80 player can participate. So a central area that isn’t filled with mobs that can kill the lowbies is needed. Thus, Lion’s Arch.

Tarnished Coast – Association of Classy Tyrians [ACT]
Shyamal- Asuran Necromancer | Varg Houtman- Norn Ranger
Nemo Randolf- Human Guardian

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

I have no problem with lag in LA and I consider this a good design choice. Have you looked at your problems from client side?

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

Maybe invest in a SSD drive ?

My Intel 550 120GB always loads busy-hour LA in less than 10 seconds, no matter the player load. Something like a 128GB Samsung 840 will set you back less than a hundred dollar/euro.

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.