0/2
1 – +10 power
2 – +5% Burn duration

Fine
Light
Foot Armor
Required Level 41

When I swap these, my power of 632 drops to 626

I don’t understand why something clearly better actually drops my stats.

Why is better gear dropping my stats?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Vaxor.4039

Vaxor.4039

I’m not sure but maybe world bonus is doing that (from world vs world) if not then… hmm it’s a curse :o (nah, srsly I don’t know then xD )

Gilb Rainyday – Lvl 80 Ranger

Posted by: Myxo.7263

Myxo.7263

1. are you lvled down ? or are your stats in your actual lvl … with down lvlling it can get somewhat fishy HOW the stats drop … having said that it should not lower your stats … just to be save get to a zone where you are not lvled down

2. the only reason that comes to my mind ist that you are having a second Minor rune of flame legion on a other armor peace … in doing so you are not getting +10 power but +5% Burn duration … in that case your first armor would give you a total of +17 power and your second armor +10 (remember the second effect of your rune is applied if you stack two of the same on different armor pieces)
… it still would not explain why your stats diminished by 6 and not 7 ^^

Posted by: Sacrai.6280

Sacrai.6280

Myxo’s second explanation seems the only reasonable one. You have that rune already on some other piece of armor, thus you lose 17 power to gain only 10.

I also agree you should make your checks at Lion’s Arch to avoid being downgraded, as I have no idea what the downgrade mechanism does to stats.

[LAGS] Sacraï – Roche de l’Augure[FR]

Posted by: swade.5604

swade.5604

Thanks Myxo you are right I did have another Flame legion piece.

My character is 47 and I was in an area that dropped me to 37, so I went to Rata Sum and my total power with that same equipped item is 842 and when I swap it drops to 835 which makes more sense to me.

Maybe something with the downgrade feature is dropping a fraction or something which would explain the 1 point difference.

Thanks again for the help!