Why is gold so hard to get :(

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Death.3085

Death.3085

Can anybody tell me a fast way to gain some profit?
I always go short and whenever i want to port anywhere i always never have enough money to do so.
Even now i have 25 copper.(
Please if anyone is out there that knows a trick how to make some profit in the game pls do so and share.
:)

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

for bankrupt, you can only go kill easy monsters and sell the loot to merchants.
keep in mind you can go through the mists if you need to get to lion’s arch for free
once you get some money, I do some trading on the TP and crafting to make my fortune.

Posted by: Blake.5268

Blake.5268

Map completion , make sure to sell all blues/greens you dont need to the vendor , quests and events

glhf

Posted by: mapokl.3167

mapokl.3167

If gold would be (too) easy to get it would be worthless dirt.

What’s your level?

My advice: Don’t travel by waypoints every time. You can go to LA (and by it to every main city) for free using Pvp Area (crossed swords in your upper right corner).

If you are in the Grove and want to go to area in Iron Marches, teleport to LA (by Mists) then use asura gate to Black Citadel. From there even if you would go by waypoint it would cost 30% of orginal.

Posted by: Death.3085

Death.3085

:( i guess there is no way of getting fast cash in the door.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

whenever i want to port anywhere i always never have enough money to do so.

That. That is your mistake. Never waypoint anywhere unless you absolutely HAVE to. All those teleportations add up quicker than you think, especially if you’re also repairing your armor frequently.

Some other tips I can offer:

1. Don’t be in too much of a rush to repair your armor. Damaged armor confers no penalty. It’s only when armor is broken that you no longer benefit from that armor piece. As such, you can wait until the first armor piece is broken before using an Armor Repair Canister to fix them all in one shot. At lower levels, you may even end up replacing your armor with drops or crafted ones before getting to the stage where you have to repair it.

2. As some people earlier have mentioned, never WP back to Lion’s Arch or the cities. Instead, click on the PvP icon (looks like two crossed swords) and travel to the Heart of the Mists. From there, you’ll find a free Gate that takes you to Lion’s Arch. From there, you can travel to one of the cities for free. It takes longer and you have to sit through 2 loading screens, but it will save you money.

3. Harvest EVERYTHING, even materials that you don’t use yourself. You can always sell these unwanted ingredients, and you may be surprised at how much some of these materials sell for. For example, Copper Ore still sells for 15 – 20c each. In contrast, each use of a Copper Mining Pick only costs 0.32 copper. That means for each Copper Ore you harvest, you’re earning back 14+ copper. That is an astonishing return, especially at lower levels.

4. If you find unidentified dye, sell it, don’t use it. Unidentified dye sells for upwards of 13 silver each. In contrast, most dyes can be bought for mere coppers. It’s far more economical to sell all your unidentified dyes, and then buy the specific ones you want from the Trading Post.