Why is my thief so slow at running?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Trisara.1045

Trisara.1045

Q:

It just seems my thief has gotten slower as I’ve leveled, and I swear I’ve seen another thief move way faster than me. Is there a way to permanently increase movement speed? Or do I just have to suck it up…lol

Posted by: Capn Evan.4586

Capn Evan.4586

Could you tell me which movement speed modifiers you use?

Also, be vary that high level areas are harder to traverse without coming in combat, but I assume you know that. Combat reduces movement speed etc.

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

Most classes have a trait you can select that will give you 25% speed increase. I use one on my necro, you can always swap it out for a different trait when you need to.

Once your char is level 80, most PvE is not so challenging that you can’t afford to ‘waste’ a trait on speed increase, I rarely need to swap mine out for something else in PvE. And watching my little asura zip along at that speed is very addictive lol

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

Thieves have access to a signet that gives a 25% Movement speed boost. It’s possible you used it before but swapped it out.

Shortbow 5 is an extremely fast way to get around as a thief as well.

Swiftness gives a 33% movement speed boost. Thieves don’t have easy access to this though.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

Posted by: Lilyandra.1465

Lilyandra.1465

If you use daggers you will get a skill (no 2) that makes you leap forwards to attack your target, it also works well as a traveling skill. You can press it I think 4 times in a row before you use up your little thief stamina bar

Keep in mind though that if there are any mobs around it might target them, so it’s best to use it when you’re in a cleared space.

Posted by: MasterJediSoda.5926

MasterJediSoda.5926

Keep in mind, with those, you can turn off auto-targeting in options. It’s actually really helpful to do that for most classes with movement skills.

You can also use sword 2 for some more movement, though it’s trickier to use properly. Target something that’s in the direction you want to move, but too far away to hit, and use sword 2 – it’ll move you in that direction. You also have shadowstep – one of your utility skills.

Finally, though it’s understandable if you don’t have this/don’t want to set traits for this, but one trait, in the third line, I think? gives you a couple seconds swiftness on dodging.

Main: Mithren Lunalit, Mesmer
Member of Legion of Honour [XIII]
http://operationunion.enjin.com/

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Thief is one of the fastest profs in the game.

- Heartseeker spam
- trait that gives SWIFTNESS on dodge
- signet that gives 25% movement speed increase
- universal runes that give 25% movement speed increase
- chaining teleports on red/yellow enemies/things
- Shortbow skill #5

Seriously, thief is fast.

Posted by: MasterJediSoda.5926

MasterJediSoda.5926

Oh, and almost forgot – I want to say your steal skill (F1) also warps you towards your enemy even if you’re not in range, though can’t check right now. If so, that’s another warp you can use, if you target something out of range. And yeah, thieves can be really fast.

Main: Mithren Lunalit, Mesmer
Member of Legion of Honour [XIII]
http://operationunion.enjin.com/

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Are you a Norn?

All Norns look like they are slow because of their scale. Note that all races all have the same base speed, so the smallest Aura looks like a rabbit while the Largest Norn looks like they are in slow motion. It’s the animations and scale of character….they are both covering the same ground in the same amount of time.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

Swiftness gives a 33% movement speed boost. Thieves don’t have easy access to this though.

Thrill of the crime, possibly supplemented with sleight of hand?
Dodge rolling with the first acrobatics minor trait?