Why so many identical karma merchants?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Does anyone know why there are multiple karma merchants in each city, often quite close together, who all sell Basil Leaves, Bell Peppers and Ginger Root?

One of my characters has chef as her main crafting profession and as far as I can tell you don’t need a huge amount of those items (and if you did it would make more sense for the merchants by the crafting stations to sell them) so it’s not that.

I can’t see any other reason to have so many merchants selling the same items. The only other merchants who are this common are the ones selling all the salvaging and crafting tools, and then it makes sense to have them everywhere because players regularly need to stock up on those items.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

(edited by Danikat.8537)

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

yep, that’s a mistery

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

yep, that’s a mistery

Nope, they where selling more when the game started. but it was exploitable, making it possible to ceonvert Karma into gold at a conversion rate of 10k karma to 6 gold (although thats what the people who got banned over it claimed).

Many 1000’s of accounts got suspended (permanent but cause it was the first major exploit it was converted into a temporary ban).

Since then these items have been removed from these merchant, making them pretty useless.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Oh, ok. I vaguely remembered there was some change to karma merchants shortly after the start of the game but I couldn’t remember any of the details.

It seems like the sensible thing to do would be to either remove some of them or mix it up a bit, add some other items. Only things you can currently buy with karma and maybe even in the same zone/city, but at least give them some variety again.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

If nothing else, it’s more spots to go sell things to clear your bags and it gives the cities more “bustle” to have merchants all over. I do agree that there’s no need to buy the items they sell, however.