Why the lag?

Why the lag?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

My computer is quiet bad, so i put it on the lowest. My question now is, why does it lag so much in this new dungeon and some jumping puzzles, like the WvW jp?

Any ideas? please put them up

Why the lag?

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

Lag is an ever present problem in pretty much every online game, especially ones with a lot of players.

The cause is usually a combination of factors, but it can be anything from your PC, to your ISP, to the games servers.

The lag in this game, specifically, seems to have gotten worse over time for me. When it was released, I was able to play it on the highest settings with minimal issues. At this point, I have to play it at the lowest settings and still experience massive amounts of lag.

You can minimize things on your end by making sure nothing else is running in the background of your PC (like other programs, web browser, etc) and also do speed tests/ping plots of your internet service to see if there are issues there. Beyond that, there isnt much you can do. I am sure others will have some additional ideas.

Good luck!

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

Why the lag?

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

Lag is an ever present problem in pretty much every online game, especially ones with a lot of players.

The cause is usually a combination of factors, but it can be anything from your PC, to your ISP, to the games servers.

The lag in this game, specifically, seems to have gotten worse over time for me. When it was released, I was able to play it on the highest settings with minimal issues. At this point, I have to play it at the lowest settings and still experience massive amounts of lag.

You can minimize things on your end by making sure nothing else is running in the background of your PC (like other programs, web browser, etc) and also do speed tests/ping plots of your internet service to see if there are issues there. Beyond that, there isnt much you can do. I am sure others will have some additional ideas.

Good luck!

Thank you, thoug its like, every new dungeon, it gives a massive lag, some places in the dungeon is worse than others, but all in all, it is very laggy

Why the lag?

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

fresh content = high server load.

try playing during lower load (stress on the server) times like early in the morning or mid-afternoon. avoid weekends. see if you still experience the same issues.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)