Will I ever get new weapon skills later in the game?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Xeeh.2790

Xeeh.2790

I have the ability to switch weapons, which is great it really adds different game play elements to the game but I’m getting real bored with the same abilities over and over, so I’m wondering if these abilities evolve after a certain amount of time like in other MMOs where they gain power levels or you can learn new skills, etc. I know you can add traits, etc but I’m just referring to weapon skills in general.

It’s a fun game but curious on what to look forward to later on.

I think it’s nice.

Posted by: Setch.2398

Setch.2398

Your weapon skills remain the same for each weapon, all the way to 80.

SOR – [Boss]

Posted by: Xeeh.2790

Xeeh.2790

Bummer, thanks for responding.

I think it’s nice.

Posted by: Daxios.1620

Daxios.1620

As an elementalist, you are probably the one with the most skills. As opposed to other professions you have 20 abilities, whilst we only have 10. 20 isn’t that far from other similar games, but I can tell you this; of all the professions, elementalist felt like, and I don’t know why, but it felt like the prof with the least variety in gameplay despite the many abilities. If you want to stick with your elementalist, I would recommend using another weapon set-up, as the skills change accordingly. You might find one or more combinations that suits your needs.

TL;DR – NO, they don’t change.

Posted by: Mojo.2691

Mojo.2691

May be hard to do but I’d like to see a “special-uber” weapon (in the future) that would change out some of the abilities for the different professions.

Posted by: Daxios.1620

Daxios.1620

May be hard to do but I’d like to see a “special-uber” weapon (in the future) that would change out some of the abilities for the different professions.

All the professions have various abilities that transform them and gives a new set of skills. Also elementalists can summon bows, axes and swords they can use that totally changes the playstyle and also gives a whole other set of skills. Of course these have a duration, and none of them exceeds 2 minutes.

That’s the closest you can get right now. Oh, and the interesting effects on the legendaries that can really change your playstyle.

Posted by: Mojo.2691

Mojo.2691

All the professions have various abilities that transform them and gives a new set of skills. Also elementalists can summon bows, axes and swords they can use that totally changes the playstyle and also gives a whole other set of skills. Of course these have a duration, and none of them exceeds 2 minutes.

That’s the closest you can get right now. Oh, and the interesting effects on the legendaries that can really change your playstyle.

Yeah, that’s kind of what I was thinking. The Ele’s flame sword is neat – would be cool to have a ‘legendary greatsword’ that shot flames for the first ability but retained all the other greatsword abilities for the professions.

Posted by: Michell.4682

Michell.4682

I thought the amount of skills we have is quite impressive. When you factor in all the weapon/attunement varieties, I’m honestly surprised anyone would be bored by all those options.

You don’t meet nice girls in coffee shops

Posted by: Moderator.3406

Moderator.3406

The PHP sub-forum is not for providing feedback or suggestions to the team. It is for players to ask questions of other players and to get help with those questions. This topic will be locked. Thank you.