Will This Get Me Banned?

Will This Get Me Banned?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Acarius.3052

Acarius.3052

I heard some people get banned for using Karma Exploits, so I was wondering if I bought gathering tools with Karma and sold the items on the Black Lion Trading Post, would I get banned? I was worried also, because I saw a Copper Mining Pick for a ridiculous amount of money, like 600 gold pieces, on the Trading Post, so would get in trouble from the Devs for buying this pick with Karma and sell it on the Trading Post? Thanks.

Will This Get Me Banned?

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

Gathering tools are account bound so you couldn’t sell it on the TP and even if you could, no one would be daft enough to buy it for 600g. So as an exploit or a way to turn karma into gold this is not viable.

Edit: if there are gathering tools on the TP these are likely leftovers from early beta or something, there are apparently a few spurious items on there that need cleaning up.

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

Will This Get Me Banned?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It is still possible to put in buy orders for account bound items but they will never be filled. The 600g listings you see are just people trying to show off how much money they have, probably. If you search the BLTC section of the forum you’ll see threads mentioning similar things for Pears and Lemons.

In other words, don’t waste your karma.

Will This Get Me Banned?

Posted by: Blarrg.8305

Blarrg.8305

It is still possible to put in buy orders for account bound items but they will never be filled. The 600g listings you see are just people trying to show off how much money they have, probably. If you search the BLTC section of the forum you’ll see threads mentioning similar things for Pears and Lemons.

In other words, don’t waste your karma.

This may also be how gold is transferred if bought from a 3rd party

\m/ \m/

Will This Get Me Banned?

Posted by: Acarius.3052

Acarius.3052

Thank you for the advice.