Will the forums be expanded in the future?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Sinikka.2794

Sinikka.2794

Q:

I know this might seem like a weird question, but does anybody know if there are any plans to extend the forums for more than just help/support? Will there be a sort of general community forum and maybe a looking for guild forum? Did Anet have that for GW 1? Just curious!

Thanks!

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

A:

There were no official discussion forums for the original Guild Wars game. In June 2011, we opened up customer support forums for the original game. Game discussion for the original game takes place on fan-run forums.

As we mentioned in this post, we will open up additional Guild Wars 2 forums when our developers are satisfied that they’re performing well under heavy load.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

Posted by: SkaroKhan.9187

SkaroKhan.9187

Guild Wars 1 community was based around player made sites for things like auction houses and forums, they have come far and they are still adding sections to these forums and im sure they will take community feedback into consideration.

Posted by: Balkito.8160

Balkito.8160

They had more forum boards than this during the betas, so I imagine they’ll have more when they expand the forum’s servers. I think they’re more focused on the game, at the moment.

#RookstarWasRobbed

Sinikka.2794

Yeah, I am cool with them being focused on the game right now (and I expect it!), I was just wondering about the future. Now that you mention it Balkito, I think I did see at least a guilds forum for beta. It slipped my mind. Thanks for reminding me!

Sinikka.2794

Thanks for the reply Regina! I hadn’t seen the update for today. You guys rock.