With the wardrobe system..

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: ICEing.9237

ICEing.9237

I thought I read somewhere that Anet said you can transmute an item, and then swap between the 2 skins freely. Did that feature get scrapped? Cus it still costs charges to switch the skin back

Teknekality

[Dark Renegatus]

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Where did you read that? That wasn’t mentioned anywhere in the blog post.

ICEing.9237

“Unlocked skins can be applied to items infinitely (for just one Transmutation Charge), which makes it much less stressful to try out a new look for your character, since you can always switch back!”

Teknekality

[Dark Renegatus]

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

That reads any unlocked skins can be used as much as you want, for one charge per use.

Before you paid 1 stone/crystal to reuse the same skin.

Say you want the same skin but different stats, obtain the two stats you want and use the same skin still 1 charge each piece but you won’t have to buy both stats and skin. Since you already have the skin.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

That doesn’t mean you can swap between the two skins freely, it just means you won’t lose the original if you change it.

For example I have the Horns of the Dragon skin on a helmet. This was a Living World reward from back in the summer which I can’t get again.

Under the old transmutation system I could only ever have that 1 copy and if I replaced it with another skin I’d have lost it forever. Whereas under the new system I can change it, and it’s still saved in my wardrobe. If I decide I want it back, or want it on a different helmet on another character, I can re-apply it for just 1 transmutation charge.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

ICEing.9237

Ah I see. Ok makes sense now. Thanks

Teknekality

[Dark Renegatus]

Posted by: cpg.7140

cpg.7140

Didn’t it say somewhere that if you unlocked say, Sunrise, I would also unlock Dawn as well? Why is that not true for Mad Memoires: Complete Edition, or am I missing something?

Forgive me if I’m in the wrong section of the forums for asking this… ^^

I would assume that the issue with Mad Memoires is that they were always two separate items. You didn’t lose Mad Memoires when you received the Complete Edition so they may not have tagged it for auto-unlocking. It would be nice if they went back and changed this though, since it’s impossible to get MM:CE without having earned MM.

Hobwash
[TAS] – The Asuran Squad
Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It would also be nice if they gave us another opportunity to get both books. Because they were soulbound a lot of players deleted one or both, especially the original which also had very low stats. Now the wardrobe system makes them a lot more versatile.

Hopefully they’ll re-add the scavenger hunt next Halloween.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”