Working on a Legendary

Working on a Legendary

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Arvizal.8436

Arvizal.8436

So, let’s get straight to the point. I’m in the early stages of crafting my next legendary, the Incinerator. Now I know I’m a bit late, but should I wait for the expansion to drop to see their new crafting system with the new legendaries? Or should I just keep on working on the Incinerator? According to Dulfy they made the Legendary crafting system more like the precursor crafting system in HoT, so it might be worth looking into that. What do you guys think I should do? Wait until the expansion or continue on?

Thief main since launch! – Ded Pixel – Maguuma – [SAS]

Working on a Legendary

Posted by: Kodiak.4213

Kodiak.4213

I’d prolly just go for it now. We have no idea what the new legendary crafting system has in store for us. It’ll likely make things easier, as is the trend with updates lately, but you never know. Right now, you know exactly what it will take to make a legendary. When HoT comes how, we may all be blindsided by some new, intense grind. Unlikely, but there you have it.

Working on a Legendary

Arvizal.8436

Well it could possibly be a grind, but I think they mentioned they want it to be more like “a journey” that requires skill or something. Then again, I’m pretty sure they said that for the initial legendaries as well. I don’t know. Thanks though!

Working on a Legendary

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Honestly, too early to tell. There’s not really any concrete data we can get insight from so at this point the decision is really up to you. The loose theory is that the crafting system will work similar to Mawdrey (final product) in that you are running into gathering items, crafting/buying material, and doing events/missions for components.

If the system looks like that you’ll be trading time for money. Aside from the Gift of Mastery, currently all other components of a Legendary can effectively be bought. With the theorized new system you may be waiting on time-gated materials and trying to catch events to continue your crafting progress.

Working on a Legendary

Arvizal.8436

Honestly, if this update does apply for the current legendaries I would be a bit surprised. I think I’ll go hurry up and finish this legendary since I’m not really into time gated stuff, and a lot for time is not something I’m gonna have soon, due to personal reasons. Thanks you two! Also, upon further research, people are speculating that the prices may drop down since the demand may lower due to the new legendaries, as well as easier to achieve precursors. I might do most of it now and a bit later.

(edited by Arvizal.8436)

Working on a Legendary

Posted by: Arianhod.3485

Arianhod.3485

The craft component of the legendaries will apply to precursors only (i.e. you’ll craft a precursor, to get your legendary), the rest of the process will remain the same (gather the other mats, mystic forge all together etc…).

Also, the “old” precursors will still be obtainable through TP, so:
- if you already have the pre, go for the legendary as with HoT it’ll not be different from now;
- if you don’t have the pre, you may want to wait for HoT to see if it’s more viable the craft or the TP.

It’s a-me, Aria!

Working on a Legendary

Arvizal.8436

Ahhh, that makes a lot of sense. I guess I’ll work on everything except for the precursor, then. Thanks guys!

Working on a Legendary

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Personally, I would keep collecting but not forge any gifts just yet (if you are absolutely sure you are going to get HoT at this point).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Working on a Legendary

Arvizal.8436

Yeah, thats an interesting idea. I will be getting HoT, but I just won’t be pre-ordering it, for obvious reasons.