World Completion Problem

World Completion Problem

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Rimac.7201

Rimac.7201

So I’ve run into a bit of a problem here, unlike so many who completed the world exploration when the game first came out, I’ve been slowly plugging away at it. The game has since added more waypoints and points of interest, I get that, however that has created a giant headache for me now.

As of right now, I have achievements for:

Krytan Explorer 175/175
Orr Explorer 60/60
Maguuma Explorer 167/167
Shiverpeak Explorer 174/174
Ascalon Explorer 176/176

All the captial cities are 100%. The wvw zones, which took the longest, are also at 100%. At the character select screen, it tells me I have 100% map complete.

301/301 Hearts done.
511/511 Waypoints found.
202/202 Skill challenges done.
266/266 Vistas found.

Now the problem – I have 713/719 points of interest found, making my world completion actually 99%, not the 100% everywhere else is saying. How am I supposed to figure out what is actually missing if everything is at 100%? I know I’m missing a couple poi’s in the Arah dungeon, but it has been stated that dungeon poi’s don’t count towards world completion…

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And yes, have the Chantry of Secrets found already too.

World Completion Problem

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

Have you had map rewards for every area?
Mouse hovering over each separate area’s title on world map will give you an overview of the poi/heart/vista/skill count.
Failing that you could map to each area and double check what you’ve unlocked against the wiki http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Explore

If that doesn’t help I’d suggest filing a bug report.

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

World Completion Problem

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Keep in mind the Explorer achieves are not part of World completion as such. They refer to finding all the white named areas ikittenone, not the pois etc.

edit: I have no idea at all why “in (singular, using a) zone” got kittened.

(edited by Donari.5237)

World Completion Problem

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

@OP

There are 2 types of exploration completion in the game

One is called the Bluestone achievement, which appears you have done. This involves discovering all the white labeled areas on all the maps in all the regions.

The other is completing all hearts, skill points, discovering all vistas, poi’s, wp’s in both PvE and WvW maps. This gives you two gifts of exploration. Seems you are missing 6 poi’s for this.

You need to carefully compare each of your maps with an image of completed map. Some poi’s can be accessed only through events that allow you into certain places. The Chantry of Secrets in Bloodtide is a commonly missed poi ..

Good luck!

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

(edited by bri.2359)

World Completion Problem

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

@OP

One is called the Bluestone achievement, which appears you have done. This involves discovering all the white labeled areas on all the maps in all the regions.

The other is completing all hearts, skill points, discovering all vistas, poi’s, wp’s in both PvE and WvW maps. This gives you two gifts of exploration. Seems you are missing 6 poi’s for this.

You need to carefully compare each of your maps with an image of completed map. Some poi’s can be accessed only through events that allow you into certain places. The Chantry of Secrets in Bloodtide is a commonly missed poi ..

Good luck!

Does the full world completion include the dungeons also?

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

World Completion Problem

Rimac.7201

@OP

Good luck!

But that’s part of the problem, if each map is fully completed and already at 100%, how do you know which poi’s you are missing if they are not displayed when you view the map of a completed zone? Wouldn’t it make more sense to say that that zone is at 98% rather then have it at 100% with additional hidden poi’s?

World Completion Problem

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

If you open your map and hover your mouse over the area’s name, you will see how many POIs you did and how many you are missing.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

World Completion Problem

Rimac.7201

I was so busy checking every zone for missing points I missed one of the biggest. Remaining poi’s were in Divinty’s Reach in the Home instanced area. I now have 100% map completion but did not receive any big achievement nor the gifts of exploration…thought something would have happened when I found those last poi’s…guess have to check next time I log in. Little anti-climatic…

World Completion Problem

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I was so busy checking every zone for missing points I missed one of the biggest. Remaining poi’s were in Divinty’s Reach in the Home instanced area. I now have 100% map completion but did not receive any big achievement nor the gifts of exploration…thought something would have happened when I found those last poi’s…guess have to check next time I log in. Little anti-climatic…

Some people have to go back to the chantry regardless of whether or not they already have that point to trigger the reward dialog. I have two characters at 100%, one had to do that while the other didn’t.

World Completion Problem

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ve noticed that when you complete a city by going in an instanced area, you don’t get credit and rewards until you come back out into the main world. Did you just log out from Salma or did you leave it before you posted about not getting the rewards?

World Completion Problem

Rimac.7201

Received the achievement ‘Been there, Done that’ for 100% world completion and have travelled to The Chantry of Secrets in Bloodtide to see if that would trigger anything, but still have not received the gifts of explorations…

Is there something else needed to get the reward?

World Completion Problem

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Recheck every zone there are some tricky POI in some maps hover your mouse over map and keep an eye on instanced zones!!!

World Completion Problem

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

@Rimac,

Yes, you received the ‘Been there, done that’ (Bluestone) achievement for discovering all the white areas in all the PvE maps – Well done!

However, the exploration completion bars in the Hero panel are not related the map completion you see when in a map, i.e. the list of vistas, skill points, etc ..

For the missing poi’s, you need to go to each map, and open the map utility to properly check to see if you have all the poi’s for that map. It is a pain, but this is the only way to find what you are missing …

I would start first by checking all the starter cities. You might have missed other poi’s located in the other home instances …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

World Completion Problem

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Try Interactive Maps

You can look at each map and click on the boxes to only show POIs etc. Hope this helps you narrow down the ones you are missing.

World Completion Problem

Khisanth.2948

One other thing.
I am pretty sure you will need to go back and get all the new WPs if you completed those maps before the updates that added them. The maps to check are Cursed Shore, Straits of Devastation, Brisban Wildlands and Plains of Ashford.

Depending on how the title and reward dialogs are implemented/triggered it is entirely possible that you would get one without the other if you are missing some of those new WPs. There might have been new POIs as well.

World Completion Problem

Rimac.7201

Update – have 100% on world map. Have now found all poi’s, waypoints, vistas, hearts, bluestone achievements, everything that can be found is now found. At character select screen, the world medal is filled in and at 100% as well. Yay!

Unfortunately, did not receive any exploration gifts or any gold star by my character name after completing all of this. Big let down. Not sure if its bugged, but was hoping for something…got nothing.

World Completion Problem

Posted by: DryHumour.1307

DryHumour.1307

Make certain that you actually collected the map reward for each map. If there are any uncollected rewards, you won’t get the Gift rewards.

World Completion Problem

Khisanth.2948

You also can’t see your own star.

World Completion Problem

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

You might also need to re-visit the Chantry of Secrets. There’s a bug that sometimes sorts itself out if you go back there.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”