Would you re-roll your main's race?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: cfracs.6739

cfracs.6739

I’m starting to get annoyed with my Sylvari. Aesthetics is really important to me and I feel really limited with this race, especially as a light armor class male. However I’m also really into Fractals and other late game stuff right now and don’t really feel like spending the time to re-roll just to play the same class, and have to start all over again.

So my question is do you think it would be worth it to remake the character? or should I just get over it? I literally can’t commit either way and I need someone to push me in some form of a direction.

P.S – I would totally just craft my way to 80 in a day, but I heard that isn’t really a thing anymore. So if anyone has any super quick way to rush to 80 I would love to hear it.

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

I’d turn my Charr Thief into a Tengu Thief if it became an option. Other than that, no. I made my characters how I wanted them, some of them I even had their armor sets chosen before I made them.

For you, I think it’s worth remaking the character if it bothers you that much. A level 80, even without crafting, takes maybe a week or two to get.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

Well, if you were doing the LS, you could easily get 10+ levels just from some casual play through the level up tomes. I’d agree with Da Sonic, if it really annoys you make a new one. Personally, I’m an altaholic so I have multiple races with the same profession. Light male Sylvari has some cool culturals imo, but it’s all subjective.

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

Is this because you don’t like light armor on male characters? If so, why not use a make over kit to make him female?

I’ve rerolled characters/race more times than I can count… but I didn’t have the same fractals progress as you.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Nawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

I would run AC 10x a day (haha lol)… Use your 80 then have someone “hold” the cinematics and swap at the end…

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I wouldn’t re-make them now. But that’s because during the betas (and shortly after launch) my main focus was on making sure I was happy with all the race/profession combinations I’d chosen and the look of my characters (and their personal story options) so I wouldn’t have to re-make them.

Normally I’m terrible at it. I’ll remake characters countless times to try and get exactly the one I want, and I really wanted to avoid that here.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

With crafting boosters you can craft your way to about level 74-76, then go run the Queensdale champ train for 2 hours to complete to 80, or even to do some WvW zerging with XP and karma boosters. I would do it.

I’ve tried all the races and can only feel comfortable playing a human. Good on ya for trying out Sylvari, but I’m like you, in that the esthetics are super important to me. I don’t feel the armor fits well on any races other than human or norn.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

if ever skritt become playable…
skritt engi named rikkity would be worth a reroll

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

My suggestion:
Don’t do it!
I have two warriors on 80, my first one was human female and my second one Asura. Just a little overview of how it went:
1. Human female on 80
2. Change to human male
3. Get tired of human male’s animation
4. Take a break by using Ele for some months
5. See an asura warrior with his animation
6. Get an Asura warrior to 80
7. Get annoyed of how you can’t see any special armor that I farmed for on my Asura
8. Rechange my human male to human female
9. Sometimes be tired as asura’s animation’s are awesome (dodge → tumbling & the running for example)
10. Get human 100% world completion and fully ascended but can’t delete the Asura as there is armorsmith 500 & cook 400 on that char
11. in the end: always be sad because of the other race you don’t play as that one has it’s moments as well – especially if I see some cool Asura warriors/guardians

This is my story and the reason why I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone – at least anyone who is a little bit like me

PvP, Teef & Engi

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I pretty much made duplicates of my human 80’s into Sylavri.
Once I fell in love with the Sylvari, it bothered me playing humans.
So now I have 8 characters but at least I am very happy with how they look.

Gunnar’s Hold