Wow! New Shatterer is fun! I have questions

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

Q:

I just fought the new Shatterer for the first time today. Holy cow, it was scary, yet fun. The squad was divided into 2 groups. The first one was DPS (I was in that group), and the second was gliding and dropping bombs to break the dragon’s CC bar.

Now, I had really no clue where to go as DPS because there were a few cannons, but all of them used, and I ended up getting killed by a lot of Branded. Regardless, I got credit in the end, and I did some damage to him.

So, what does the DPS group do? Zerg to Shatterer while the others hold the cannons? And I tried gliding, I bombed him a couple of times, but… yeah, I didn’t feel effective. XD

It’s a really fun battle though.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

You can fight Shatterer however you like. I tend to stand under his head and hit it, because it takes more damage than his legs do. You can’t just stand still in one spot anymore, though, as his attacks have no more blind spots (and no more Blind).

To melee him, you’ll need to pay attention to a few things. When he rears back and raises his right arm, he’s casting the spell that turns players into crystals. This can be dodged, use a dodge roll about one second after the arm is fully extended to evade it. If you’re caught in the crystal, others will probably break you free anyway, so it’s not that bad.

If you see a smaller crystal appear on the ground, get away from it. The smaller crystals are lightning rods, and soon after they appear a big AoE circle forms around them, and unavoidable AoE damage will begin to pulse. The damage starts low but increases, to the point where if the attack downs you it will outright kill you on the last pulse. That AoE is a bit bigger than the circle looks, too, so give it some space.

When Shatterer breathes fire, even though the AoE circles will appear in front of it, it is possible to be hit while standing by his head. Just be ready to back off and heal if that happens.

Finally, his stomps will cause lines of crystals to shoot out in certain patterns. Be ready to evade the crystals if they come to you.

Beyond that, all you have to worry about are the adds. Shatterer’s feet will damage you and knock you back if you’re too close to them during or after certain attacks, but by trying to hit his head you should avoid most of that. Just be wary of it when you’re fleeing a lightning rod AoE.