Your Profession, your opinion.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Pinchy.4128

Pinchy.4128

Hey there everyone!

Like many, I am returning to Guild Wars 2 after taking a long break (preparing for HoT). I’ve been maining a warrior since the release of the game, and only just recently capped my second character (a Necromancer) to 80.

Personally, I’ve grown tired of my warrior, and as fun as I think Necros are, they are still frowned upon generally in the community, at least from a PvE perspective.

I am looking to jump start a new profession with some scrolls and tomes of knowledge. I would love to hear from you all as to which profession you enjoy the most and why as well as how well you feel your profession fits within the PvE/WvW communities in Guild Wars.

Thanks heaps!

Pinchy.

Posted by: Metalman.6345

Metalman.6345

Hey Pinchy, i play elementalist. I enjoy playing him because he is probably the closest i can get to classical mage. He has more skills than other classes(20), but he doesnt have weapon swap. Also, lots of people want elementalists in their groups because when played properly, they can dish out really great numbers from opponents. Im talking here only from PvE side of things since i dont play WvW

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

I figured to pitch in… =)

This video will share you on my thoughts and opinion on each class. (Includes Revanant)
Hopefully might help you figure out what you want on your next class! =D

Link:

Posted by: Slalom.3174

Slalom.3174

Ele seems to be in a good position in all game modes. There seem to be a good builds that work. If you are looking for group acceptance then that might be a good route to go.

Necro, at least to me, is very good in PvE solo content; so many different builds.

However, after 3 years, I have decided to pretty much stick with the Adventurer (medium) classes. Ranger has so many build options and has so many updates, the possibilities seem endless. I have 4 atm each with a different build and purpose.
Engineer (condi p/p) is just fun! And as an Asura, hilarious.
Thief… well, if I had better reflexes and liked ganking up-levels from stealth I would play that profession more. (just kidding ).

At the end of the day, it is up to you to experiment, find what you might like, try it out. If it doesn’t suit you, move on. <— sounds like a cop out, sorry.

Good luck to you.

“Please accept my text in the jovial, friendly manner that it is intended.”

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

All classes have their good points and bad points. I would suggest coming up with a list of what attributes you want, from must-have to ‘sounds good but no biggie if I do not have it’. You may also want to do a list of what things you REALLY do not want so you know what are show-stoppers for you. Then you can better decide what features you want.

Some things, like survivability, are relative to how you play them. My ranger, who wears medium armor, does much better in the silver wastes than my guardian, who wears heavy armor.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I have 4 warriors, they rock, but I digress.

I have a ranger and guardian. Rangers are in the same boat as necros. But I.love my ranger and necro for PvP.

Guards are good also. But are kind of the same thing as warriors, being a melee class.

But then everyone’s idea.of a fun class is different. I didn’t really like the ele, Mesmer. And thief is a cowards class.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

I main a guardian with zealots/clerics/zerker stats.

I like to think of this as “pug grease.” It makes any run easier because I sacrifice DPS to carry everyone who doesn’t know what they are doing.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

But then everyone’s idea.of a fun class is different. I didn’t really like the ele, Mesmer. And thief is a cowards class.

^
That’s a bit strong against Thieves no? I main a Warrior, and I have all 8 classes at 80. Toughest grind for me was Mesmer.

Ask yourself do you want to range or melee? Tanky or dodgy? After answering a few questions, a class you might like will take shape.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

^
That’s a bit strong against Thieves no? I main a Warrior, and I have all 8 classes at 80. Toughest grind for me was Mesmer.

Ask yourself do you want to range or melee? Tanky or dodgy? After answering a few questions, a class you might like will take shape.

Nope. Any class that needs to use stealth that much is what I think of it. Can’t probably play a class that’s out in the open. So needs to hide to be any good. That or ANet is just really bad at balance, and wants concepts of classes to take precedence over a balanced and useful class. Thief is by far, the worst balanced class in the game. Having the ability to stealth and deal that much damage is just poor balance. Sure you can say If you see a thief you can take them down quick. Yeah, you have to see them.

This is my personal opinion of the class.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

… I would love to hear from you all as to which profession you enjoy the most and why as well as how well you feel your profession fits within the PvE/WvW communities in Guild Wars. …

My favorite class is mesmer. It’s not for everyone, of course, and most people list it as one of the more difficult classes to master. I like the clone/illusion mechanics and shatters and I hear they’re annoying in PvP. I like the unique portals. I love reflection bubbles and time warp in PvE, zergs and dungeons. I like blinking and stealthing when I gather; I’ve also heard these are annoying in PvP. I find it a very versatile class.

For you, though, I would recommend having a good look at Revenant. The legends offer some interesting choices… Dwarf with short ranged hammer, Shiro with double-swords and movement skills, Mallyx with mace/ax and conditions, Ventari with melee staff has super heal utilities, and the elite Herald Glint legend with shield gives awesome party support buffs. Rev damage is in a pretty good place, too.

Good luck!

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

This video will share you on my thoughts and opinion on each class. (Includes Revanant)

Link:

Even though I’m not a returning player, this was very entertaining to watch, well done.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Link:

Even though I’m not a returning player, this was very entertaining to watch, well done.

Thanks! =)
I was hoping visual explanation on all classes in action speaks louder than words. hehe

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Thief has the lowest health is the game. It is designed to hide and spike, if first salvo doesn’t kill the enemy, they are usually in trouble, if both parties are equally skilled.

I hate stealth as a mechanic, but not thief as a user of it.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert