Your most useful keybinds

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I know threads like this have been done before, but it’s usually people posting their entire set-up and I don’t know about anyone else but after a while my eyes glaze over and it all becomes a bit meaningless. Which is a shame because I’m sure I’m missing some good ideas as a result.

So I thought I’d try one a bit different. Instead of posting your entire keyboard/mouse set-up just post the specific individual changes you’ve found most helpful.

For example, some of mine are:

Moved the skill keys to the number pad. It might be a personal thing but of all the set-ups I’ve tried this one is the easiest to remember. Having them all in a line meant I got lost every time I moved my hand across and I never got the hang of using something like 1-5 and ctrl+1-5. (Because I’m left-handed I can also use the arrow keys with my thumb to strafe without taking my hand off the mouse.)
I put some other common combat controls around it too, closest enemy on ‘.’, dodge on enter, weapon swap on + and the F keys on the top row.

For left-handed play – moved jump to \. I’ve found the easiest way to handle jumping, particularly in puzzles, is with one hand on the mouse, one finger on W and one on jump. Because I’m left handed my right hand is on the keyboard and I found putting jump slightly to the left of W more comfortable than having it on the right. Because I have small hands I also moved it up slightly.

Moved auto-run to a mouse button. Outside of combat/puzzles/tight spaces I normally move with auto-run and mouse turning. It’s a minor change but putting auto-run on the mouse makes it much quicker and easier to keep turning it on and off.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

I think that moving 6,7,8,9 and 0 to Alt+1, Alt+2, Alt+3, Alt+4 and Alt+5 was a great change

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

One thing I find really useful is swim up/down to spacebar/shift+spacebar (underwater dodge is on mousewheel up and land dodge is on spacebar). Makes navigating underwater easy.

Land jump I use left ctrl in the place of caps lock (keyboard allows switching position of those two keys).

Autorun on R is nice and easy to hit when necessary.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Dodge = 3rd mouse button

Change weapon = space bar

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

pretty simple keybindings for me, felt like I had been living in the dark age before I changed them!
Dodge – mouse 4 (thumb) Elite – mouse 5 (thumb) Heal – v, skill 8 – e, skill 9 (blink or lightning flash) -q.
wondering what to set skill 7 as though.

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

Posted by: Sol Solus.3167

Sol Solus.3167

About Face – X

Saves some wrist strain.

Rainmeter overlays:
World Boss Timer | WvW Map

(edited by Sol Solus.3167)

Posted by: Wesnoth.1705

Wesnoth.1705

Dodge on mouse 3, swap on mouse 4, f1 on mouse 5.
Honestlty id love to get a mouse with even more possible keybinds as its really usefull imo.

What you must learn in gw2 is to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6npO-NoOPOg

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

dodge roll – shift
F1-4 – Y X C V
R- heal
3 utils and elite – 4 mouse buttons on the top of my Logitech G300