Your own playstyle

Your own playstyle

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Deafening Milk.6138

Deafening Milk.6138

I’ve currently got several level 80 characters 2 of them fully kitted to the Meta (DPS staff ele and Condi Necro) but I’ve found myself getting bored.

So recently I started up another ele class and for this one I’m doing everything my own way. No crafting until I am level 80, no use of tomes of knowledge, no buying anything on TP (except bags for storage cause I loathe when my inventory is full) and my goals are to get to full exotic with the stats and runes I want to use and find a friendly bunch who want to do dungeons and such without caring about what people use (I’m aware awards are apparently rubbish atm I just haven’t done them yet. Lastly full world completion for the rewards so I can get Bifrost when I FINALLY get The Legend.

So, do you guys have any house rules or anything like what I’ve said?

Your own playstyle

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I haven’t done dungeons since HoT launched, but I was doing a lot of them previously to get the Dungeon Master title pre-HoT. I don’t know if dungeon culture has settled down now that the great rewards have moved to Fractals and Raids, but I found it very helpful to say “Casual/newbies welcome! Not a speed run!” or something along those lines in my LFG postings.

I did get some low-skill players, but a lot were people like me, decent players who worry about finding a friendly group, and some were dungeon experts who wanted to help out. It makes dungeons much more enjoyable when no one is going to yell at you for not stacking, or not having DPS gear, or whatever. Some parts are more of a struggle than they would be with speedrunners, but the struggle is memorable, too.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Your own playstyle

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Well, I recently made a rule that I get to keep 50% of what gather.

Your own playstyle

Posted by: Kyvrn.4209

Kyvrn.4209

This is interesting. I’m thinking of doing something very similar, but I’m going to buy the game again, and with another account do everything from scratch and see if I can build a legendary from the ground up

Kyvrn | Dom Chrono | Leader of Twinrovas [ROVA]

Your own playstyle

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I have 2 rules I always follow: 1) I won’t join a guild 2) I won’t pay attention to any meta.

Other than that, I just wander around doing whatever sounds like fun at the time.

~EW

Your own playstyle

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I’m going the opposite way at the moment. The bulk of my 80s were levelled almost entirely from open world PvE (with newer ones starting with level 20 scrolls) and I’m now putting a few of my lowbies through PvP for level up scrolls, since I’ve just “discovered” PvP after three years.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Your own playstyle

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

So sad not willing to join a guild. There are several guilds out there that put no pressure whatsoever on their members. It’s not so bad being in small guilds because then you have a few people to come to your aide if needed.

As far as meta or no... what ever makes you happy is the way to play. Don’t worry about meta, you may or may not come to the same conclusions, and end up with a similar build. Or you may find those odd traits (far less of them now) are quite usable in your own sort of way.

If you are looking to farm dungeon tokens for leg. though, I suggest doing daily pvp and using the dungeon reward tracks. You can get 240 tokens, 3 weapons and an armor box from about 10 days of just doing you dailies in a daily server if you don’t want to pvp. You still have to do story mode dungeons to unlock the tracks.

Your own playstyle

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

So sad not willing to join a guild. There are several guilds out there that put no pressure whatsoever on their members. It’s not so bad being in small guilds because then you have a few people to come to your aide if needed.

It’s honestly all me, and has nothing to do with guilds. I do recognize they’re awesome. But, I’m no longer a good fit for guilds due to a number of factors not worth enumerating. I do feel I’m getting the best out of the game right now by not being in one. Though, I still have a lot of guild rep potions and whatnot stored up in my bank should I ever change my mind, lol.

As far as meta or no… what ever makes you happy is the way to play. Don’t worry about meta, you may or may not come to the same conclusions, and end up with a similar build. Or you may find those odd traits (far less of them now) are quite usable in your own sort of way.

That’s been my philosophy from the start, lol. I get a lot of satisfaction by discovering and making effective weapon/skill/trait/equipment combinations that others vocally claim aren’t good. I love exploring a class’s potential… that’s honestly now what I spend the majority of my time (and gold) doing.

This game touts a lot of customization and choice, and I firmly believe it delivers it in spades. I love that I’m playing a game where I can explore “my own play style.”

~EW

Your own playstyle

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

My rules are:

1. I do as I please.

2. I do not care what other people do and refuse to read anything on the “meta”.

3. I work to help and not hinder.

So far it’s been good.