Youtube video settings

Youtube video settings

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

Hey since i always see the questions coming up i thought i might share my settings i’m using when recording with dxtory and editing with Adobe PP to reduce the amount of pixelation in videos (which i see quite often and also took me a while to find optimized settings to reduce it).

The problem of quality lack nowdays on youtube is because the quality settings got lowered so 1080p videos look much worse than they did before, to bypass this there is currently two options.

Uploading videos in 2560×1440 (1440p) or 3840×2160 (4k)

With this we bypass the bitrate limitation and can get back up to 45mbits quality which will reduce the amount of pixelation alot. Only downside on this one is that if you have a slow connection / pc the videos will stutter.

youtube supports 720p/1080p @ 60fps now

Introduced earlier this year this is finally available for everyone now. if your video has 60fps and you upload it in 720p/1080p youtube automatically enables it. Some people prefer the old 30fps limit for a kind of cinematic feel… but imo 60fps makes the videos look alot smoother.

Dxtory & Adobe PP Settings / set up

So first of all you will need Dxtory and also you need to install Lagarith Lossles Codec

Don’t forget to choose the Location and harddrive your files shall be saved on (i recommend using another harddrive as the one you’re playing, else you will notice FPS drops)

the Settings should be set as followed:

click

Press on the Configuration Box for this Codec (Red Arrow) and choose :

click

Then go to the Advanced Settings tab and choose the maximum amount of Threads

click

Then you click on the Yellow Icon at the bottom of Dxtory (Video Settings) and choose the following

click

Alright, Dxtory is set up!

So in Adobe you create your new Project, add your videos add music whatever (use tutorials if you don’t know how to use the programm)

Rendering Settings for best Youtube Quality should be rendered in 4k (even in 4k the video will look better on 1080p Youtube, since YT will allow more bitrate)

Settings are:

click

click

click

Bitrates can be set to 45 both, or 50 both doesn’t really matter i was just lazy.

Attention

For 1080p @ 60fps @ youtube you obviously need to change your dxtory to 60fps and Adobe rendering settings also to 1080p and 60 fps. Bit rates stay same.

Sorry for long post here is a potato.
potato

Feel free to add your experiences and settings so we can achieve even better results for peoples videos.

Reaper – AnguĂ®sh

(edited by Shakki.3219)