achievement points - where to start

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

Hello,
I’ve played on and off since launch, mainly WvW. After coming back a few weaks ago, I decided that WvW now days involves too many hammers and I would like to explore other parts of the game.
I got close to 5k AP now, but I never did anything special for them.

So my question is, where to start?

thank you.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

I’d start with the achievements from the following categories:
Hero
Tradesman
Jumping Puzzle
Explorer

Besides that you should try to get as many achievements from the current Living Story, at least enough to get the meta achievement.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

^ Those. And Dungeons. Once you unlock the Dungeon Masters title, every 5 dungeon (path) completions grant you 5 AP, which is sweet if you can do like 20 paths/day for gold.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Don’t forget your dailies, try to get at least 10 dailies done a day. It all adds up!

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

For sure getting the meta on the living stories helps a lot. You’ll get AP for each of the 20 or 25 individual achievements, plus a big bonus when you get the required number for the meta. You can check to see where you’re at with the “slayer” achievements and go do your dailies in an area where you can maybe finish one or two of those. All the other ideas given are also good. Do dailies, monthlies. There are so many ways to get AP, including daily and monthly WvW ones… they’ll add up quickly if you play even fairly casually.

The nice things about most of the LS achievement metas is that they can be obtained just doing the daily LS achievements, so you usually don’t even have to go out of your way to get them.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

Weapon kills and slayer titles are easy enough to get though I want to know who actually dealt 5K killing blows with a focus or torch…..

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Weapon kills and slayer titles are easy enough to get though I want to know who actually dealt 5K killing blows with a focus or torch…..

I did

http://i.imgur.com/pOMxKxf.jpg

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

(edited by kokiman.2364)

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think Shield Master would be the hardest, there’s something like 3 shield skills that actually do damage and they don’t do much. Although still easier than some of the WvW achievements.

As for achievement points generally I’d say it depends on what your aim is, if you just want to get to a specific number quickly you’re probably better off focusing on non-repeatable achievements that give big chunks of points. For example do all the jumping puzzles and level a character of each race to 30 for the story achievements (then continue 3 of them on through each Order’s story and get 1 to complete the whole thing).

Whereas if you want to try for the Leaderboards, or just want lots of points in general you’re probably better off doing dailies, monthlies and Living Story achievements and fitting the others in when you have time.

Or just don’t worry about it, play whatever PvE you want and you’ll get achievements anyway.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

I farmed torch to 5k.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Rehk.6574

Rehk.6574

Dungeon Paths
Jumping Puzzles
Explorables
World Bosses
Aetherpath
Tradeskills

Personally I’m working on the last 4 skritt burglar transform achieves, the 1 dive master from the aetherblade JP, and 1 fractal achieve, then I’ll have completed the bulk of pve achieves and move on to go for champion shadow for my main, and then wvw achieves.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

There are certain Personal Story missions that have never-ending streams of rats. Bring a Ranger or Guardian into these missions with a Torch and enjoy your mountains of roasted rat corpses.

Focus, Shield and Warhorn are pains in the rear for me. Focus and Warhorn are up to 1000+, while Shield is up to 3000+ (and this is despite me using Sword/Shield on my Warrior ever since launch).

Aside from the WvW achieves, I think the most painstakingly grindy one has to be Giant Slayer.

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

Thank you for all the ideas.
I am sure I will not “grind” kills with a torch / wh / focus. I’ll start with the human ones like JPs and explorations.
Also dungeon masters, but that will be complicated.