am i doing zerker right?

am i doing zerker right?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: cavemanreborntwo.5614

cavemanreborntwo.5614

So iv just got my first zerker armour, have ruby orb on all 6, a sword with power. W/e and ferocity, two axes with same as sword, ruby amulet, two ruby mithril. Rings and a ruby earing, in doing upto 20,000 with banner of discipline up, iv heard of people getting 50k hits tho, so in not sure if in doing it right, sorry for lack of information, i can research all my gear stats tommorow.

any help and info is much appreciated

am i doing zerker right?

Posted by: Cyrill Faust.9340

Cyrill Faust.9340

Ruby orbs got nerfed in the april 15 updated. For runes (armor) scholer’s are the best, ogre and pack are good too, so are strength but they’re not worth the price. for your weapons don’t use orbs use sigils like force, battle, strength, fire, bloodlust, and night if your focus is dungeons, figure out what works best with your build. When people say “zerker” they mean the stats on your armor, weapons, and trinkets are Power, Precession, and ferocity. What you use in your sigil and rune slots is determined by your build.

Edit: When people spout big numbers they usually have party buffs, 25 might, and 25 vulnerability on the target, they just don’t say that. Big numbers aren’t the point your dps is the important part, don’t get caught up in big numbers.

Proud member of [BANK] my bank guild and [BANK](2) my other bank guild

(edited by Cyrill Faust.9340)

am i doing zerker right?

Posted by: cavemanreborntwo.5614

cavemanreborntwo.5614

Thanks for the reply, i think ill invest in some superior scholer runes then instead of ruby orbs and ah ok, i thought i was doing something wrong and should be hitting them high numbers too

am i doing zerker right?

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Well first as zerker your first order of business is to be a kitten to everyone, and to call “noob l2p!!!1!” To your group every time you get downed. After that kick anyone you deem to be less of a player than you and rage quit.

Seriously though. Grats on your gear. Learn to dodge and the boss mechanics and you can do awesome and amazing things. It does take a level of skill to play, so do your research and practice.

For traits, chose them according to your weapon sets of course, from what I understand for warrior the meta is 6/6/0/0/2 or 6/5/0/0/3, I could be wrong though.

Good luck and have fun.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

am i doing zerker right?

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

For runes (armor) scholer’s are the best, ogre and pack are good too, so are strength but they’re not worth the price.

strength is good for some classes, and for solo or if you PUG a lot it is best. the warior meta is 6/6/0/2/0 OR either 6/4/0/4/0 or 0/6/0/6/2 if you trust the dps of your group (usually its no, but I just run it for the lolz). Pure GS or axe, but not both.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

am i doing zerker right?

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

For runes (armor) scholer’s are the best, ogre and pack are good too, so are strength but they’re not worth the price.

strength is good for some classes, and for solo or if you PUG a lot it is best. the warior meta is 6/6/0/2/0 OR either 6/4/0/4/0 or 0/6/0/6/2 if you trust the dps of your group (usually its no, but I just run it for the lolz). Pure GS or axe, but not both.

Phalanx Strenght is about your groups might-stacking potentional rather than their personal dps. Even in the most horrid groups (in which I’m going to assume 3-6 external Might) popping it up to 20-25 for your whole team is near impossible to outdps on your own unless people press /dance instead of 1. In a group with good DPS you will generally sit at high Mightstacks anyway unless you’re running with Necromancers and Mesmers only.

As for the OP, I’d like to redirect you to DnT Nike’s guide, it’s elaborate, but I think it will answer all your questions that might be left unanswered.

Most helpful advice I can give you is to make sure you don’t interrupt your Axe autoattackchain / 100b (depending if you prefer pure Axe or pure Greatsword) and learn to stay alive (Warrior is relatively forgiving, so it should be alright) and run a (Strenght/Discipline) Banner and you will make plenty of teams happy to have you! Don’t worry about “oh but someone says he hit that much higher!” and be the best you can be.

am i doing zerker right?

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

So iv just got my first zerker armour, have ruby orb on all 6, a sword with power. W/e and ferocity, two axes with same as sword, ruby amulet, two ruby mithril. Rings and a ruby earing, in doing upto 20,000 with banner of discipline up, iv heard of people getting 50k hits tho, so in not sure if in doing it right, sorry for lack of information, i can research all my gear stats tommorow.

any help and info is much appreciated

In order to get crazy him 100 blades, a lot of small things add up.
1) You should look into ascended trinkets. Armor and Weapons can be costly, but trinkets are fairly easy to get, especially rings and amulets. Earings are easy to get if you can get into a guild that do guild missions each week, while the back item is usually a bit of a longer goal to achieve (but not that bad, especially if you like fractals).

2) Runes.
- Scholars is the best for dmg (4 gold).
- Strenght give you less dmg, but is crazy for might stacking (16 gold).
- Ogre do a bit more dmg than ruby orbs, but I hate the summon (1 gold).
- Pack is between Ogre and Ruby in dmg, but wihtout stupid summon (1.5 gold)
- Ruby Orbs is still good dps. Its the most cost efficient choice (11 silver).

3) Sigils. Here you can go crazy. You could have so much combination here for each specific situation.
- Night&Force. That give you a direct 15.5% dmg increase and work well in most dungeon except CM, HotW and Arah. Who care about CM and HotW, so that leave you Arah. That’s my standard equipment.
- Slaying&Force. You can get a secondary set for Arah if you want to do that dungeon on a regular basis with a Sigil of Undead slaying.
- Accuracy&Force. Perfect for CM, HotW and Fractals, where you can’t use a specific slaying sigils or nigh sigils.
- Stacking Sigil like Perception and Boodlust. It a never ending discussion. A stacking sigil or not. I won’t get into that disccusion here. They are good, use it if you feel like it.
- Other options exist like Battle, Energy, etc. I like energy for some specific hard fight that need more dodge. Remember, you can stick with 1 set (Accuracy&Force will work average everywhere), go crazy and have 3 or 4 different version of all weapons, or go somewhere in the middle depending on what you like to play the most.

4) Foods&Nourishments.
A lot of list circulate about those. Use them as much as you can. Some cheap version exist. They won’t make all the difference, but every little details add up remember. You can buy powerful version of slaying potion for 1 little dungeon token, take advantage of that and you can keep different level of food (and price) for when you pugs, play with friend, do a speed runs, etc.

5) Ascended armor and weapons. That’s a longer term goal. Weapons in particular give you a nice dmg bonus. Armor are less powerful and cost more, but still. You can accumulate most of the material over time so that a full set don’t cost you that much. Its optionnal, like everything else in the game, its just a nice goal if you like that kind of stuff.

6) Your group. Even if you are full ascended, use the best build, the best sigil, the best runes, the best food, etc. You still won’t be able to reach more than 30-40k 100 blades. The groups is THE major source of dmg (you won’t believe it). Might, Fury, banners, EA, Spotter, Frost Spirit, etc. All are source of dmg coming from your group or yourself. In a pug group, you’ll be happy if you have a bit of might from time to time, and 1 banners from a warrior. If you get all of those? That’s when your dmg skyrocket.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

am i doing zerker right?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

How did Ruby Orbs get “nerfed” more than all other Zerker gear? EVERY item that had % Crit on it got “nerfed” when FEROCITY got introduced……unless I’m missing something here.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

am i doing zerker right?

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

How did Ruby Orbs get “nerfed” more than all other Zerker gear? EVERY item that had % Crit on it got “nerfed” when FEROCITY got introduced……unless I’m missing something here.

Ruby Orbs was the second best DPS options after Scholars before the nerf. Why? Because like celestial suff, it gave you the best amount of Critical Dmg compare to the amount of stats it gave you.

- Ruby Orbs had a disproportional amount of critical damage and was hit the hardest
- Trinket also had a disproportional amount of critical damage and was hit hard
- Weapons & Armor had a good proportion of critical damage and were practically not hit at all by the nerf.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

am i doing zerker right?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Ok. I see that they effectively brought Obs and Trinkets Crit Dmg % more in line with the other equipment levels. I’m guessing this is another reason that Rune sets have become so popular (beyond them improving most of the Rune sets).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances