amnesia or bug

amnesia or bug

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

Hello,

so I wanted to craft my precursor. I went to play WvW. And now I have no Memories of Battle , even though I completed +10 levels in the last two days.

So shall I speak to my psichologist or contact the customer support?

enthusiastic noob

amnesia or bug

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

I hope you remembered to select a reward track ( yup i went there xD). It seems you now gain then mainly trough the wvw reward track, but do not quote me on that. Another way is buying the little buggers, as they are not top expensive right now.

amnesia or bug

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

You get them from reward tracks now, not levels. Checked your bank?

amnesia or bug

Nimrud.5642

Ok, I got it now. :S So reward track gain is much slower now? :O Gaining like 13 levels or so got me only 35% done with a reward track…. At least now I know why I didnt get any memories. Ty!

Any tips to boost reward track progression other than actual boosters? I mean what kind of activities are rewarded better? I mostly hang out in blobs to maximize my XP gain, but would roaming suit my needs better (getting more reward track progression instead of XP gain)?

enthusiastic noob

amnesia or bug

Silberfederling.9302

oh think you might have gotten something wrong there. the blue bar on the lower part of your screen is world experience gained for your account rank. the reward track is not influenced by world experience directly.
two things are important here. once you activated the wvw reward track ( press b or any other allocated key for you wvw menue, look for the chest symbol, activate the wvw reward track) you will gain progress with every so called “tick” that is the time where the point of the different servers are credited, roughly every 15~ Mins. the ammount of points you get credited to your reward track is bound to the ammount of so called participation. that can be seen over you mini map. another little chest symbol will give you information about the points you will recive per tick and how high your participation is. to gain participation you have to actually kill players or do defence or offence events. should you be as scout for your server a commander may grant you shared participation with another group of players, so even if you do nothing but spitballing in veloka you get credit.
If you want to maximize your gain in paricipation you can do camps on your own or take down sentries. i suggest that you join a zerg if you are not comfortable with doing stuff on your lonesome.
To end my ramble, wxp is not directly tied to your reward track, your participation in wvw events is, every 15 minutes this is added to your reward track. spend an hour with maxized paricipation on a map and you gain 550 points per tick, that is 2200 points per hour. there is no way to boost this particular rewards.
i hope i could help you

amnesia or bug

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Unlike PvP reward tracks, which are advanced at the end of a match, WvW reward tracks will be advanced at the end of each scoring tick. These happen at 15-minute intervals. The amount of reward-track progress at this time is determined by your participation level. As players do things to help their worlds succeed, they will increase their participation level and earn more reward-track progress at each scoring interval.

I guess the thing would be figuring out what counts for participation level.

Forgot where it was mentioned but track progression is also slower in EotM than the other WvW maps.

amnesia or bug

Nimrud.5642

All clear guys, thank you.

enthusiastic noob

amnesia or bug

Silberfederling.9302

Captureing objectives like: sentry posts, supply camps, towers, shrines and keeps
All are events that grant participation.
Defending an objective does so as well.
And don’t forget whacking the enemy over their evil heads is another way of gaining it. But make sure they are dead. If it still moves, poke harder.

amnesia or bug

Posted by: skyhawk.5149

skyhawk.5149

Or you can buy them off the trading post!!

Retired Oceanic Commander of Eredon Terrace