any way to

any way to

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: slagfest.9641

slagfest.9641

opt out or turn off that chance to survive phase(can’t remeber the name)? i play solo and just want to die when i die, not have to try and throw dirt at someone until i stand up to die again if the mob is that much strionger or there is more than one. i don’t mind dying itself, just that it takes too kitten long in between.

so, like i said, can i turn this off? am i missing a button that says “release now” or something?

thanks for the help

any way to

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

No, there isn’t.
All you can do is not press anything and wait for your death … kinda dark sentence eh?

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

any way to

slagfest.9641

no kidding. the first time i saw it i was just trying to die to see what happens. i hit the ground and have to fight a bit more. then someone comes in and helps and i’m back up. i had to tell him i was trying to die after the second time. he still kept helping. i just logged out.

now i am avoiding areas where other people are just because i don’t want that help, or to sound rude when it tell them to shove off. i know for the most part they are trying to help and all. winds up taking forever to get through an area and i am playing very little.

oh well.

any way to

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

This is an MMO, you never be 100% sure that someone isn’t around and just because they weren’t 1 second ago, doesn’t mean someone didn’t just log in or exit from the mists to there.

You can play “solo” but you can’t expect to not be helped by other players.

If being helped by other players is such a detriment to your enjoyment that you would rather log off than be helped, MMO’s may not be the game genre for you.

any way to

Posted by: Foghladha.2506

Foghladha.2506

Slagfest, the trick I use is to work on getting hits on everything that’s attacking you. If you can kill the lowest health opponent you’ll be born again which should give you time to pop your heal or make a quick getaway. Depending on your class a quick knockback can make the world of difference. Later you will find this is a blessing more than a curse.

Benjamin “Foghladha.2506” Foley
Founder, Gaiscioch Community [GSCH] | Gaiscioch Magazine | Twitch | YouTube | Twitter
Proud Resident of Mercenary Server Sanctum of Rall | 6 Year Extra-Life Charity Event Participant

any way to

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Just pointing this out in case you didn’t know: When you get downed, your fourth skill heals you. As long as you’re not taking damage, it’ll let you fully heal.

any way to

slagfest.9641

give me a break, seera.

i have played mmos for over a decade. i have teamed 4 times. mmo means lots of people, i get it. it does not mean i have to team. i am fine with missing out on the group events, and all that goes with it. i do not complain much about the disparity between group rewards and solo, because i understand that the devs do cater to the group play.

thankfully, they have realized that there a lot of people that, like me, enjoy solo play. maybe not as many that solo only, but enough that do spend money that we should not be completely ignored.

i am not complaining about the people in the region, and even said i understand they are trying to help (most of the time), i am complaining about the mechanic. when i die, i would like the option to not have to sit there and wait to be finished, or hope somone doesn’t come in and “help” me out.

i can see how it is helpful in groups and such, i just wish it were an option.

thanks, Foghladha. much more helpful, i’ll give that a try

edit: i didn’t, rose. thank you
and seera, please reread wht i typed. i logged off after asking the person to stop helping and they wouldn’t. i was bit frustrated with the mechanic to begin with and that was more than i wanted to deal with a the moment

(edited by slagfest.9641)

any way to

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

I don’t recall how long it takes once downed to be killed by say a mob a level or two higher or maybe 2-3 equal level mobs, but I can’t imagine the time it takes is so long that it’s an inconvenience. Especially since you shouldn’t be getting downed often enough that going from downed to dead even if it takes a minute should be that much of an inconvenience that you’d want to remove the downed state altogether and go straight to dead.

any way to

slagfest.9641

it was long enough to be annoying to a new player.

serioulsy guys, is this your first message board? i get it if you do not find it annoying. i get it if you actually like it. cool beans, good for you. but kitten , all a new guy was saying is that it is annoying and he would like the option to turn it off.

and sag, the idea that i “shouldn’t” be dying that often is hardly an argument. if i die i die. there are times when i just throw myself into a mob and just go for it. it’s fun for me. if you didn’t as much, good for you.

any way to

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

Let me put it this way. If downed state is such an inconvenience that you’d like to toggle it off (which is impossible) and there is no way to avoid it aside from not getting there in the first place then maybe you should be a bit more careful when it can be avoided.

Like Foghladha said even once you’re downed there’s a good chance you can rez unless you’re outleveled/outnumbered.

any way to

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I said IF being helped was enough to make you log off. No where does that imply that you did and your post wasn’t clear on the exact reason for logging off.

The person who was helping may not have been following chat. Some people have it hidden.

I did not mean anything bad when I earlier said that this genre may not be for you and I’m sorry if you took it offense to it.

I also primarily play solo. So I understand the odd place we have in mmo’s. I’m just not quite as solo as you are.