armor skins

armor skins

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Thallina.8016

Thallina.8016

Q:

Hi everyone.
New here so I hope this is in right place.
I have never used skins before and im wondering, if they are good forever or when i change armor will it be no good.
I hope I explained this so everyone understands. So bad with words.
Thanks for any and all help

armor skins

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

A:

As far as an actual “skin” they are 1 time use and you choose between PvE or PvP. You can use it on your armor without any other “devices”. However once you change or upgrade armor you will need transmutation stones if the armor is below L80 or transmutation crystals if the armor is L80 if you wish to keep the appearance of your skins. I hope this makes sense I have not had my morning coffee yet.

The Burninator

armor skins

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

The skin combines with the armor, and will stay on that armor.

You can change looks of armor/weapons by getting the piece you want, using a transmutation stone, and combining it with the stats/sigil you want. The stone is used for items lvl 79 or less. These are regular rewards from storyline and dailies.

Transmutation crystals are used for lvl 80 items. These are more expensive and gem store only.

RIP in peace Robert

armor skins

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Each armor piece is made out of three parts
1: the skin (how it looks)
2: the stats (how it works)
3: the upgrade component (runes).

Most armors come with a preset combination. You can use however a transmutation stone to combine the skin of one piece with the stats of another.

There are also some pieces that are only a skin. Those are mostly sold in the gemstore. This is a consumable item that let you change the skin off an existing armor piece. After that the skin is tied to to that armor piece and you can apply that skin again to another armorpiece. However, you can get a transmutationstone to transfer the skin to another piece of armor.

To make matters more confusing. There are armor skins you unlock for your account and you can get unlimited copy’s off. This is the case with the achievement points rewards and the Hall of monuments rewards.

Best is to give an exact example of what you want and ask how it in that example would work.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

armor skins

Posted by: Thallina.8016

Thallina.8016

thank you for such fast reply
all answers were good and yes i did understand what you were saying JustTrogdor.7892 even without your coffee.
Thanks again guys

armor skins

Posted by: graceness.3156

graceness.3156

What about the “full armor” sets in the Gem Store? How do those work, if you want to reapply their look to new armor?

Would you simply transmute any piece of your new gear and have the full set when you wear that piece?

armor skins

Posted by: graceness.3156

graceness.3156

My question, answered, for anyone else who is curious:

I discovered, through Science, that double clicking the full armor set actually provides six separate skins. So they are re-applicable! Yay!

armor skins

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

@graceness – those six skins are for the different components of the whole set (helm, shoulders, chest, gloves, legs and boots) not six full sets of the armour to reapply multiple times.

After the initial application of a skin you will need to use a transmute stone or crystal to move it to another piece of armour after that – so if you use all six pieces and then decide you want the same look on a different set of stats you will need six transmute stones/crystals.

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

armor skins

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

My question, answered, for anyone else who is curious:

I discovered, through Science, that double clicking the full armor set actually provides six separate skins. So they are re-applicable! Yay!

Actually, they’re 6 separate pieces (head, shoulders, chest, hands, legs, feet), so if you want the whole set look you apply all the pieces to the same character, or if you want you can use them across different characters. For example, I got the primeval set, my guardian is using the chest, warrior is using shoulders, gloves and feet (helm and pants are still unused in my bank).

To apply to other armors, you’ll need to transmute them, with transmutation stones if they’re both under 80, or transmutation crystals (gem store) if one of them is level 80.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.