can anyone explain the logic behind rewards?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: lexdead.7610

lexdead.7610

If, for example, I go into CM dungeon I get 60 tokens per run, which is about 30min-1 hour long, and a complete armor set for level 45 cost, what, about ~800-1000 tokens (correct if Im wrong)? So by the time I get enough tokens isnt the set already below my level (doesnt protect me properly)?

How does that work exactly?

Posted by: marianitten.1247

marianitten.1247

what do you want? lvl 35 Gear that you would drop in the first chance.. or lvl 80 gear that you would use forever?

For Those About to Zerg (We Salute You)

lexdead.7610

what do you want? lvl 35 Gear that you would drop in the first chance.. or lvl 80 gear that you would use forever?

So, basically what I said is correct and there is no point in trying to get them (sets below 80)?

Posted by: cpg.7140

cpg.7140

Do the cheaper, lower level ones have value for transmutation? You can just swap the look onto another piece of gear still, right?

If you’re going to transmute, no sense spending the extra tokens on the level 80 versions.

Hobwash
[TAS] – The Asuran Squad
Devona’s Rest

lexdead.7610

Do the cheaper, lower level ones have value for transmutation? You can just swap the look onto another piece of gear still, right?

If you’re going to transmute, no sense spending the extra tokens on the level 80 versions.

Im not sure, but I think you cant transmute different types. Say, if I want medium armor set looks, I cant make heavy stats out of it, and all the heavy ones for humans I really dont like, but I do like the looks of medium ones of 45 and 55. As he said above, there is no point in getting them, except for looks and maybe use on another characters.

Posted by: Curuniel.4830

Curuniel.4830

No I’m pretty sure you can’t transmute medium appearance onto heavy stats or vice versa. The appearance of armour is part of how players are meant to be able to identify your class at a glance (e.g. robes and greatsword? Definitely a mesmer). The dungeons sets are most desirable for their appearances (which you can transmute onto other stuff), so unless the stats/runes of the level 80 stuff are perfect for you, I see no reason why you shouldn’t just get the lower level versions.