can this comp run gw2? need help

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: banana.1745

banana.1745

i3 4010u 1.7, intel hd 4400, 4 g ram. can it run the game and with the incoming HOT also.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Not sure.on the Intel Graphics, maybe. Is that integrated? If so maybe if you are very lucky with everything on low. But probably not.

Am I right in guessing this is a laptop? If not you’ll probably need to spend some cash on a graphics card. Depending on your budget, you can get a good card for around the £100 mark. A GTX 750Ti, can run GW2 well and won’t brake the bank. But if you can afford around £50-60 more, you can get a GTX 960, like mine. But that’s up to you and what you can afford.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

(edited by BrotherBelial.3094)

banana.1745

thanks for the reply. yes it is integrated. and i was hoping because i see some videos running hd 4400 but i guess with the low processor might be the problem.

BrotherBelial.3094

thanks for the reply. yes it is integrated. and i was hoping because i see some videos running hd 4400 but i guess with the low processor might be the problem.

Yes. Minimum specs say a 2.0GHz duel core processor.

So I guess the correct answer is no. Sorry you’ll need a new rig/laptop.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

(edited by BrotherBelial.3094)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Run well … define well. Minimum settings and resolution, sure. Even then it won’t be anything to write home about.

Here’s a page on just the Intel HD 4400. Game benchmarks start about 20% down.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

BrotherBelial.3094

Run well … define well. Minimum settings and resolution, sure. Even then it won’t be anything to write home about.

Here’s a page on just the Intel HD 4400. Game benchmarks start about 20% down.

With a 1.7 cpu? Are you sure about that? Giving how much the game relies on the CPU and the graphics being on the cpu, its not going to be any good at all.

banana.1745

am expecting low/medium settings, trying something a portable device so when am away at desk at least i can just run around like going bag farming at silverwaste, gathering or doing world bosses.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It’s a 1.7GHz Haswell core. Pretty sure that’s as fast as an Athlon 64 X2 which is listed as a minimum. Actually it’s faster than a Core 2 Duo E8600 series at nearly twice the clock speed.

It’s not going to be fun in large player events but it’s playable. Of course if they stuck that CPU with a 1080p display you may have to drop the resolution.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

am expecting low/medium settings, trying something a portable device so when am away at desk at least i can just run around like going bag farming at silverwaste, gathering or doing world bosses.

My laptop has essentially the same specs, and it barely runs GW2 at the lowest settings. World bosses are basically unplayable at ~5 fps. As long as I stay away from zergs, the game is quite playable.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

Good news, now that the game in free to play you can download it and try it out! I’m assuming that if it can run the core GW2 it can run HoT

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]