cant equip 2 ascended ring at the same time

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Britz.6187

Britz.6187

hi guys, as the title said, i cant equip 2 ascended rings of the same name at the same time. i have w ascended red rimg of death but i can only equip one. is this normal? thanks!

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It is normal. You can contact support to straighten out the situation.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Yes, contact support. They should be able to help you. Top of page-support tab, then top right of page-submit a request- to make a ticket.

Decide what other ring you want instead of the one you got before you contact them.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

You cannot equip two IDENTICAL ascended items.
That means you cannot have two Red Rings of Death equipped at the same time – you will have to equip ONE red ring of death and pick a different ascended ring to put in the other slot.

Your only alternative would be to throw one of the rings in the mystic forge and turn it into a ‘Red ring of death (infused)’, then you could equip both the infused and non-infused one. But you cannot have both of them infused and you cannot have both of them uninfused.
Since they are account bound I would suggest giving one of them to a different character and selecting a different ascended rings to equip.

Astral Projections.7320

You cannot equip two IDENTICAL ascended items.
That means you cannot have two Red Rings of Death equipped at the same time – you will have to equip ONE red ring of death and pick a different ascended ring to put in the other slot.

Your only alternative would be to throw one of the rings in the mystic forge and turn it into a ‘Red ring of death (infused)’, then you could equip both the infused and non-infused one. But you cannot have both of them infused and you cannot have both of them uninfused.
Since they are account bound I would suggest giving one of them to a different character and selecting a different ascended rings to equip.

Actually, in this situation support has been known to send the person an equivalent ring that they can use. So it’s not necessary to infuse it or give it to an alt, if he even can at this point as I assume he attempted to wear both and they are now both soulbound.

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

they wont help I made the same mistake months ago, report it and nothing happend. Eventualy I destroy one ring… lost 25 laureals.
You woud think they put some warning on description or something, most ppl just want to play the game, not everyone reads all wiki for every bit of detail.

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

they wont help I made the same mistake months ago, report it and nothing happend. Eventualy I destroy one ring… lost 25 laureals.
You woud think they put some warning on description or something, most ppl just want to play the game, not everyone reads all wiki for every bit of detail.

I know a friend just did something similar within a month. It did take a while because the support person handling was a bit …. ditsy.

Astral Projections.7320

I think they used to not do anything, but so many people have made this mistake that within the last couple of months they started sending a replacement.

The other thread on the same page, the guy got a replacement within 2 hours of his first post.

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

I think they used to not do anything, but so many people have made this mistake that within the last couple of months they started sending a replacement.

The other thread on the same page, the guy got a replacement within 2 hours of his first post.

so instead of changing description of items they rather do it one by one for hundreds of players? I think they doing it right, I guess the extra 300 employs at ANet need to justify their salary there :P

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

@spiritus:
Please don’t complain about the fact that there is a solution for this situation. It is a shame that you could not benefit from this solution at the time when you were in that situation. Destroying your duplicate ring probably ensured that you could no longer be helped.

But on the other hand, 25 laurels are not that hard to acquire. And you can also save up on pristine fractal relics to replace the ring. (And perhaps you will get lucky and receive the ring in the daily fractal chest.)

Finally, please do not generalize. There is no reason to believe that “most people” have the exact same priorities, interests and issues as you do. (If they did, most forum users would agree with each other all the time, for example.)

It should be enough for Britz to know that this can probably be addressed by support, and if not, FlamingFoxx provides a halfway decent workaround.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I try to pass this information about ‘unique’ items along to guildmates and others in game as often as I can to help alleviate the issue.

Contact support as they have helped others in the past.

Other alternatives are infusing the ring and transferring to an alt.

Astral Projections.7320

so instead of changing description of items they rather do it one by one for hundreds of players? I think they doing it right, I guess the extra 300 employs at ANet need to justify their salary there :P

Yah. Makes no sense to me that they would rather have people
1) make this mistake
2) complain or ask in the forum
3) get told there to contact support
4) contact support and take up their time and resources
5) support sends them a new replacement item

As opposed to
1) change the NPC warning to say for any ascended purchases, “Are you sure you want to buy this? You can only equip one unique item with specific stats on a character at a time.”
2) there is no 2

Is it REALLY that difficult to change the messages on a handful of NPCs to take care of a known problem in the game. For those who say, unique means you can equip only one and you should have known this, I say unique in Guild Wars 1 did not mean that. You could equip up to 4 identical unique weapons on your characters at a time if you wanted.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)