cant finish explorer ach. please help.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: hyjaxxx.1584

hyjaxxx.1584

Heya folks, im trying to finish up some achievements and im doing the Kryta explorer one, im at 169 of 175 so i figured why not. So i start opening up areas i havent been to and nothing is moving the counter upwards. is there something in particular im supposed to be doing? please help..im going crazy

Whoajaxx the Ranger
Re-Port331,331R,DD331,Re-portV
Currently looking for wvw guild@henge

Posted by: Curuniel.4830

Curuniel.4830

Well, the achievement is account-wide, if that helps – it counts anywhere you’ve been to on any character, but opening up a place on one character won’t help if you’ve already done it on another. The achievement refers to areas (the named regions, whose names pop up when you push into that area with a character) so they won’t always be marked with POIs etc.

Krytan zones are Queensdale, Kessex Hills, Gendarran Fields, Harathi Hinterlands, and Bloodtide Coast. If you already knew all of that, I don’t think I can help you any more, sorry!

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

Hm, I think the explorer achs get filled when one of the blurred parts of the map gets discovered. So also parts count towards that, which do not contain POIs or the like. There are some JP locations that count towards it, but you only need to discover, not finish them.

Posted by: Sacrai.6280

Sacrai.6280

Use this link and check every area with your map. That should help you locate those missing areas.

[LAGS] Sacraï – Roche de l’Augure[FR]

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

Cities also count for regional explorer so, in the case of Kryta, make sure you’ve fully explored Divinity’s Reach and Lion’s Arch. Kryta explorer also includes some areas only available in the personal story instance of Claw Island so make sure you’ve worked your way through your personal story to that point.

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast