fast way to 80 without crafting

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: mofugginjon.3416

mofugginjon.3416

i just got this game and i’m liking it alot. right now i have a 33 thief and i was wondering what would be the fastest way to get to 80 without crafting

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Exploration and dungeons.
Especially events and heart quests.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

.1 – Stay on area level:
If the map is 1-15 and you have 16, you are wasting XP! Try to keep the mobs always at +0 – +1 from you. You get more XP this way. Move along to the next map as soon as the area is lower than your level. If you don’t complete the map, you can always do it later with no problem, although a lot easier.

.2 – Do events in this order:
- [Group] Dynamic events, Champion kill Dynamic events, Veteran kill dynamic events, normal dynamic events and last the Heart Quests. If you are doing a heart quest, and a dynamic event (orange) starts, leave the heart quest as you can finish later!

.3 – When you are leveled enough, start doing dungeons (explorable) with people who don’t mind taking you along! Some dungeons paths can be very tricky for lower level players.

.4 – Use always a Experience enhancement buffs. Food from the beginning (Candy Corn foods give +15%exp for 45m) and save the mystic chests XP boosts (if you have any) for the mid levels (40-70) due to the higher availability of dynamic events.

These are some advices, and some players might give you more.

/Cheers

PS: Leveling was one of the most enjoyable things to do in Gw2. The Lore and the details are so rich that discovering and exploring was quite a fun experience (and i usually just skip everything in MMO games). If you rush with this one, try to make another char when you accomplish your lightspeed leveling and take the time to see it for yourself!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GW2 xp are calculated in percentage. You never lose any xp.

There are xp that are area dependent (resources)
There are xp that are self level dependent (hearts, events)
There are xp that are character dependent (waypoints, dungeon runs)

If you do a heart with level 80 or level 4 comes to the same result. You always get the same xp from it.

Sure you can decide whether to do it or to leave it for when you reached 80 as you need more xp with higher level to increase your level and heart quests always give the same xp if they have the same level.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

Posted by: Black Wolf.7348

Black Wolf.7348

http://www.guideranger.com/GG/G/gw2

^^speed leveling guide using dynamic events

(edited by Black Wolf.7348)

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

Do not rush, seriously enjoy the ride you will find and ’’gear’’ quickly and there really is no reason to rush your not going to miss anything, go to southsun, do the living story you will be up-levelled same for living story dungeons.

collect waypoints, this will benefit you to no end, make sure you fully explore the map you are in.

alternatley: get a high level freind get the XP boost + Killstrak XP boost, and watch the xp roll in.

Posted by: TallDan.6350

TallDan.6350

Do area completion, low level areas you will finish faster as the mobs die quickly, harvest every node you see and do your personal story.

Although I didn’t rush my first 2 toons and took my time to enjoy the content, the last 3 I have 80’d, I did just as above and playing a few hours a day it was easy to lvl 80 in under 2 weeks. If you followed this system ruthlessly and didn’t stop to have fun, it would be easy enough to 80 in a week.

Lady suzi ~ Human Guardian {} Gizmo Gregory ~ Asura Engineer
Firezof Arrows ~ Sylvari Ranger {} Hudeeni ~ Norn Mesmer
Ruins of Surmia [KoA]

Posted by: IncreaseThePeace.1524

IncreaseThePeace.1524

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Some good info. Tagged for later use.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.