fractal backpiece farming

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Pemmy.1267

Pemmy.1267

Hey all my only question is would it be quicker to farm level 1 fractals for the backpiece or keep doing the higher fractals? Thanks for the help

Stop this recent culture of people telling us they’re offended and expecting us to give a ****

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You would have to time your runs to see.

Posted by: Flitzie.6082

Flitzie.6082

If you plan on doing only below lvl 10 fractals I recommend to do them on lvl 6.
lvl 6 fractals reward you with more fractal tokens than below that and its still easy to do.

I’d recommend getting atleast one piece of ascended gear, for example an amulet. Slap on a +5 agony infusion for 76(?)ish fractal tokens and do above level 10 fractals aswell.

Thats going to be a steady income of those tokens, if you do both runs a day and 2 fractal relics aswell. Thats a set of rings after only 10 days.
That how I did it.

Personally I really hate running fractals. The first few times were fun but after you’ve seen them all a few times it gets old fast. I have now ran them 40 times, 2 sets of rings and one backpiece. I am happy if I never have to step into one again, its a pvp game after all

You touched the shiny, didn’t you?

(edited by Flitzie.6082)

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

You don’t need any AR to do above 10. I got to 24 before getting any AR (pre-Fractured, but the ticks of agony still deal the same amount).

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

In my opinion 5 AR is recommended to have for fractals between level 10 and 19.

Apart from that, higher level fractals offer better reward as in tokens but the difference isn’t that big anyway. Sitting in the 1-9 tier, if you don’t like fractals that much, would probably take a month and a half or so to get the level 3 skin Fractal Capacitor back.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

If you can get your hands on all ascended trinkets, amulet, accessories and rings, even if they’re not infused that’s 25 AR which will take you up to lvl 29 fractals. That will give you plenty of relics to farm towards the back piece.

It’s better to keep moving up the levels of fractals as you get more relic drops as you go up. When I ran fractals regularly (when I still had a PC) I would do 29,38, 49 most days. That gives me 213 relics in just those three runs. I’ve done so many that I’ve kitted out 5 characters with 3 fractal 20 slot boxes each and all have fractal capacitors. All are ascended and 2 are infused.

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

I was curious as as well, what the fastest way for a beginner starting with fractal level 1 is to get the 1850 fractal relics for the backpiece. I assume you want to buy the excotic Prototype Fractal Capacitor for 1350 relics and make it ascended in the mystic forge, which costs an additional 500 relics.

So the question is, starting with fractal level 1, how should one plan his fractal runs to get 1850 fractal relics?

Do I want the least number of days?
Do I want the least number of runs?
Do I want to achieve a high fractal level as well?

I made some calculations (the excel sheet is rather convoluted, so I don’t bore you with it but only present the results):

- on leveling, I assume I buy 2 infusions for 75 relics each at level 10 and 3 additional infusions at levels 20, 30 and 40
- the pristine fractal relic from the daily chest is always salvaged into 15 fractal relics

== 1 run every day ==

1. Make only 1 run every day, and always the next level.

Days required: 34
Runs required: 34
Highest level acquired: 34
Relics acquired: 1876

2. Make only 1 run every day, and level to 26. Do only run level 26 after reaching level 26. This requires 3 infusions less than plan 1.

Days required: 32
Runs required: 32
Highest level acquired: 26
Relics acquired: 1895

3. Make only 1 run every day, and level until 16. Do only level 16 after reaching level 16. This requires 6 infusions less than plan 1.

Days required: 31
Runs required: 31
Highest level acquired: 16
Relics acquired: 1912

== 2 runs every day ==

4. Make 2 runs every day, and always the next level.

Days required: 23
Runs required: 46
Highest level acquired: 46
Relics acquired: 1866

5. Make 2 runs every day, and level until 36. Do only run level 36 after reaching level 36. This requires 3 infusions less than plan 4.

Days required: 22
Runs required: 43
Highest level acquired: 36
Relics acquired: 1854

6. Make 2 runs every day, and the first daily run always the next level. Up and including level 11, do this with the second daily run as well. After level 11, run level 6 for the second run. After level 21, run level 16 for the second run.
This way, you get 2 daily chests after reaching level 11.

Days required: 19
Runs required: 37
Highest level acquired: 25
Relics acquired: 1887

7. Do the same as plan 6, but stop leveling at 16. Alternate between 16 and 6 after reaching level 16. You still get 2 daily chests after level 11, and you need 3 infusions less than plan 6.

Days required: 18
Runs required: 35
Relics acquired: 1884

8. Do only 1 daily run until level 10. Starting with level 11, do 2 runs like in plan 6. Level only until level 16. This way, you avoid runs without a daily chest.

Days required: 21
Runs required: 33
Relics acquired: 1883

9. Do the same as plan 6, but after you reached level 21, do 3 runs a day: one with 21, one with 16 and one with 6. This way, you get 3 daily chests after level 21.

Days required: 18
Runs required: 38
Highest level acquired: 21
Relics acquired: 1926

== 3 runs every day ==

10. The plan for dummies: do 3 runs a day on level 1.
Days required: 20 (but be careful: 3 runs a day for 20 days is hardcore grinding)
Runs required: 58
Highest level acquired: 2
Relics acquired: 1860

TL; DR:
If you ask me, I would either go for plan 3 (1 run for 31 days) or for plan 7 (2 runs for 18 days), if I am only be interested in the relics and not the higher fractal levels. Level 16 is still easy enough for most players.

If I am interested in the higher fractal levels as well, I would go fo plan 1. One fractal per day is the perfect pace with the higher levels – more is somewhat exhausting.

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

You can also just craft a level 78 backpack, slap on the 75 Relic infusion and then wait for a ring drop.