gold. anytips for making it

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

hey guys.

i need some help on makeing gold. i want to get 100+ gold so i can buy my asura tier 3 cultural set. and wondering whats the best way to do this.

i dont bother with crafting as it takes to long to get what i need and find it faster farming ores. but aside from gatering herbs ores and logs what else is a good way to make much needed gold (i am not gem buying to sell so dont mention that)

thanks in advance

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

Posted by: Ageia.5843

Ageia.5843

The quickest and easiest way I’ve found to make gold is by selling tradeskill/crafting materials. Also, watch the prices for blues and greens and lower level yellow armors and weapons. I rarely take the highest buyer price for things and I’m making between 5-8gold a day. Doesn’t seem like much, but it does add up.

I should really read better before posting. Watching the market prices is the best way I’ve found without crafting materials. Not accepting the highest buyer prices for things helps a great deal. Also, watch market trends. If a pair of blue rampager’s chain gloves doesn’t sell well today, check back tomorrow and see if it changes. I’m finding the prices for items doesn’t stay the same from day to day and you can use it to your advantage.

(edited by Ageia.5843)

Posted by: WhoaItsJoe.1352

WhoaItsJoe.1352

Lots of ways to make gold. I’m assuming you’re lvl 80 since you’re shooting for tier 3. Cursed Shore is a really popular area to farm, specifically the Plinx event chain. You can also try flipping items in the TP, although that takes patience and requires you to follow the market of the items that you want to flip quite closely. As well, if you’re feeling really lucky, try playing around with the mystic forge.

Posted by: Shining KoW.4683

Shining KoW.4683

Get Ancient Logs, and Orichalcum ore from Cursed Shore, and get all the other materials. You can do this for Malchor’s Leap and Frost Gorgesound. It’ll take you about an hour or so with a map that’s updated daily. You’ll make about a gold or more.

Posted by: mystaquetz.1746

mystaquetz.1746

Get Ancient Logs, and Orichalcum ore from Cursed Shore, and get all the other materials. You can do this for Malchor’s Leap and Frost Gorgesound. It’ll take you about an hour or so with a map that’s updated daily. You’ll make about a gold or more.

So in 3 or 4 months of disciplined, daily play you’ll have enough to buy that cultural armor. As long as you never spend any. Don’t die and have to repair. Don’t miss a day. Think of it as your second (or maybe third) job.

That sounds sort of ….. pathetic.

OP, sorry. I haven’t found a way to make good cash yet that doesn’t involve micro-analyzing spreadsheets and boring Trading Post playing. I’ve simply given in to the fact that I’ll be sub-par in gear, and just play.

Cell Two
The Assassin’s Clan (TAC)
Ebay

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Mystaquetz ?? what are you talking about ?
Getting ores gives you at least 1g, but if that takes an hours it’s pointless. Buy MF gear and farm plinx WITH a group. Gets you 1-2g per hour depending on your luck. Gather mithril and elder wood and by the end of the day I sell my mats for about 2g. On an average day I get about 5-7g, but I have got 15g. I mean all junk items and normal mats, no exo or dusk drops lol.

Posted by: Kareth.6572

Kareth.6572

Meh dont give him bad advices… The best, easiest, least boring way is to trade items on trading post. Buy low sell high. Find an item with low fluctation and high supply and demand, and there is your place. With good amount of starting money you can then earn about 100g a day, ofc not sitting there all the time, just a moment every 30 mins or so. I’ve started about month ago with 10s, and I now got almost 2k. You start with cheaper items then get to more expansive, watch prices, and play the game. You can virtually earn 10-20% on trading any item on TP You dont have to spend hours on doing pointless events over and over while loosing interest in the whole game.

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

People have explained the TP stuff so I’ll go into your other options. Crafting is not worth it unless you have all the raw mats ready. The only things that sells for profit are the ones you can craft at level 400, so you’ll spend a lot more before you can start earning.

As a daily dungeon runner, I find dungeon runs to be a good source of money. Once you master a dungeon the most you have to repair is maybe two pieces of armour, and some runs can be done under half an hour. I easily earn 40~50s per run so it comes out to about 1g per hour. You can use the tokens to buy weapons since you’ve got your heart set on the cultural armour.

Farming at Orr is subject to diminishing returns, which means that it will be most effective to farm for one or two hours. After that, DR will kick in, and the amount of gold you will be earning will decrease. It is not a bad way to earn gold and I think it’s great for casual players to do once in a while, but it’s not something a dedicated gamer can sit there for six hours and keep doing and expect to consistently rake in 2 gold per hour.