golden

golden

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Dutch Rental.8360

Dutch Rental.8360

Q:

Hey guys i wanted to know if a friend of my trades me 200 gold to get my golden title and after i will send it back will there be any complications about that transfer?

i mean would we both be flagged as RMT? and risk an ban with it?

ty in advance if possible i would like to hear an ANET dev about this ty!

80 Guardian
Veteran of Far Shiverpeaks since headstart

golden

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

He must be a pretty good friend. It shouldn’t flag you as a gold seller, particularly if you’re in the same guild, and it’s only done once. I mean, my wife and I send money back and forth to each other all the time, if one of us wants to buy something and the other has spare funds.

golden

Dutch Rental.8360

yeah i understand we just want to make sure and i dont keep the money just want the title

80 Guardian

golden

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Guess the leaderboards are already affecting how people play.

golden

Dutch Rental.8360

i love how people have critism in here lawl as about kootje is more then right im an guild player love to help guildies / friends out when needed i dont need gold etc while looking for fun but yet im still an title hunter i could have had golden many times as i place my guildies and friends on first place …

80 Guardian

golden

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Guess the leaderboards are already affecting how people play.

People were doing this long before leader boards were even suggested. Even during the headstart weekend I heard of (obviously very trusting) guilds pooling all their funds in the guild bank so everyone could withdraw it for the title.

OP – You shouldn’t get banned for gold selling as long as this is a one-off and you’re not going to keep doing the same thing with multiple people. If you’re in the same guild you could transfer it via the guild bank for extra security.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

golden

Dutch Rental.8360

i hope not it would be nice as an Anet dev could answer this also just to make safe

80 Guardian

golden

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

No, sending 200g once back & forth won’t be a problem. I did it before too. And our guild sometimes pays more than that to other guilds to tranfers.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

golden

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

You may get banned for gold selling/buying. Me and two guildies traded gold between us to get the title. I got banned for buying gold and they didn’t. I had to contact support and they took a little over 24 hours to reverse it so if it does happen it’s a bit of an annoyance but no big deal.

golden

Posted by: Sojournion.1847

Sojournion.1847

Hey guys i wanted to know if a friend of my trades me 200 gold to get my golden title and after i will send it back will there be any complications about that transfer?

i mean would we both be flagged as RMT? and risk an ban with it?

ty in advance if possible i would like to hear an ANET dev about this ty!

Question: The title is an achievement. If you have not put in the effort to earn 200 gold to earn the title. Would it be an achievement?

golden

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Of course it would! You achieved friendship and trust in getting someone to hand over that large sum (and honor in returning it).

I got my Golden in the first few months thanks to a wonderful guildmate. I wanted it not to show wealth, but because it is the most perfect title of those available for my golden boy main character. He’s so shiny -grins- I myself have not gotten beyond 25 gold on one character, as I actually spend money once I feel I have enough.

golden

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

i hope not it would be nice as an Anet dev could answer this also just to make safe

as if 200g were anything to a gold seller? prolly not worth a dev’s time to answer.

golden

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Devs don’t post on every thread people ask them to post on. They’d spend all day posting on the forums rather than doing the job they’re getting paid for if that were the case.

Think about it for a second. Would a gold buyer/seller mail back the original gold transfer? Not likely. If your friend mails you the money, and you mail it back right after, I don’t see how you’d be flagged for gold buying/selling.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

golden

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Devs don’t post on every thread people ask them to post on. They’d spend all day posting on the forums rather than doing the job they’re getting paid for if that were the case.

Think about it for a second. Would a gold buyer/seller mail back the original gold transfer? Not likely. If your friend mails you the money, and you mail it back right after, I don’t see how you’d be flagged for gold buying/selling.

I got a “perma ban” for gold selling/buying for doing this and had to go thru support. So yes you might get caught.