guardian main, making alt class?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: skoezi.9472

skoezi.9472

Hi all, i have a guardian as my main char from the start of gw2.
In gw1 i always was a ranger, but ranger is so mutch different in gw2 that i don’t liked it to started with.
So now I want a new char as alt, i already have a ranger, mesmer, warrior, necromanser, thief and engineer all around lvl 25, but i don’t now witch to lvl to 80.
Elemantalist i don’t have.
So what do you guys think i have to do ?

(edited by skoezi.9472)

Posted by: BigfootArisen.6509

BigfootArisen.6509

I mostly main guardian nowadays. Mesmer is my favorite class, but I’m just not able to do as much as I can with guardian. I’ve been playing a bit of thief lately, trying to get back into the groove.

What is your general playstyle as guardian?

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

As BigfootArisen asked, what’s your play style?

In my personal opinion, try making an Elementalist. They’re very fun to play (depending on play style), though take awhile to learn.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

skoezi.9472

My playstile with guardian was first support, i realy like to help people but beceause of the zerker stuff, it doesn’t do allot anymore, so i play zerker with guardian for now.
But i realy like to play different stuff, like as example: guardian condition burner, i like to be the autcast that has something different but still is very good.
I know it is hard in gw2 to do that, in gw1 i always makes my own special builds that was not usual, but at the other hand really powerfull.

so witch class is best at being different and a variation of play style ?

Posted by: BigfootArisen.6509

BigfootArisen.6509

I would suggest either ele or mesmer. Ele is pretty much the jack of all trades. They can heal, they can might stack, they can do conditions, they can do spikes. Mesmer are valuable just about anywhere with a reflect build, and you can very easily go condition or pure damage.

skoezi.9472

I started an ele and I really like it so I think this going to be my second lvl 80.
I have all the weapon skills, I only need to test the other skills and traits at lvl 30 so I hope I enjoy the rest of the lvling
Tnx for the help guys

(edited by skoezi.9472)

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

‘Which class is best at being different and a variation of play style?’

Engineer… it’s so varied some people still haven’t decided what they want to do with it after a year.

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

My tip: If you’ll choose warrior then you can have 1 ascended set for both of them because they are both heavy and ascended items are acc bound now.

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

What playstyle are you after?
Do you primarily WvW/SPvP/PvE?
Do you prefer range or melee class?

Warrior has several viable builds, but as a class I find it gets boring very fast, due to all their attacks/abilities doing fairly basic actions.

Engineer probably has most variation in terms of what they can do.
Engineer and Elementalist are a bit harder to learn however.

Mesmer is amazing at 80, but it’s probably the worst to get to 80.

(edited by Zach.3264)

skoezi.9472

I tryed al classes at least to lvl 20, but i can’t decide witch second class to get to lvl 80.
I know warrior is nice, but to mutch the same as zerker guardian.
Engineer is fun to but the turets placing and picking up every time is a bit less for me.
As playstile normaly ranger from gw1, but gw to is so different i want something different, something new for me.

Mostly i do pve, sometimes wvw and with the new pvp upgrades i want to start pvp.
As for melee and range, i want range beceause of the difference is bigger from my guardian.

And i tryed mesmer to and i know it is harder to lvl, maybe with the new patch it isn’t that hard anymore but that i have to try.
But i will go for now with my ele, as long as i like it and for know i like it very mutch