guild benefits?

guild benefits?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: FeralOne.1093

FeralOne.1093

Are there any benefits to creating a small family guild? Husband and I are thinking it might provide a guild bank to easily share items between us but I’m wondering if there are other in-game benefits?

Thanks so much for all the help you lovely forumites have been and Happy Halloween Hunting!

guild benefits?

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Well there are guild buffs and missions, as well as the convenience of gathering people to play with. Is there anything you were looking for specifically?

guild benefits?

FeralOne.1093

Well there are guild buffs and missions, as well as the convenience of gathering people to play with. Is there anything you were looking for specifically?

Thx for your reply. For example, as a member of a guild you get: 10% more gold from kills or fast travel to a guild hall or a guild bank with 200 slots.

I’ve seen the “guild banners” that people sometimes put down to gain buffs — is that the only source of guild buff/bonus?

guild benefits?

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Well you can use the banners of any guild that are in the world, but if you want to generate your own then yes, you need to do so by creating them within your guild.

guild benefits?

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

I’ve seen the “guild banners” that people sometimes put down to gain buffs — is that the only source of guild buff/bonus?

No, there are some other buffs too, for example a buff of 10% Magic Find for 3 days.

Here is a list of different upgrades you can get in your guild: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Economy#Economy

9 Guardians later…

guild benefits?

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

Are there any benefits to creating a small family guild? Husband and I are thinking it might provide a guild bank to easily share items between us but I’m wondering if there are other in-game benefits?

Thanks so much for all the help you lovely forumites have been and Happy Halloween Hunting!

I’ve been running a one man guild for about a year now. I get access to a guild bank, can create guild banners for buffing magic find, karma gain, gathering, etc., I have access to custom guild armor. None of this costs real money; I’ve spent some laurels on guild Letters of Recommendation to quickly build up my guild influence and unlock these features. I encourage you to try it, especially if you have some laurels and/or gold burning a hole in your pocket and you’re wondering what to do next in the game. The benefits of the guild banners really add up over time with your characters, and non-guild players can also activate them and they will appreciate it.

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

guild benefits?

FeralOne.1093

Thanks for the insight, Dingo. We’re new so we don’t have gold burning holes yet, but we have played many other MMOs over the years and some have such serious advantages in guilds that you are at a disadvantage if you aren’t in a guild. It doesn’t seem that this is the case in GW2, but we started a guild anyhow and we’ll see how it goes.

If nothing else, it will stop all the spam guild invites=)

guild benefits?

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Just a warning: I’d advise not storing expensi items in your guild bank. If your account is hacked, Anet will restore your account and personal bank but will not restore items stolen from a guild bank. Guild banks are very useful for giving friends several items at once because of the mail limit.

It will take some time for two people to build up enough influence for several upgrades. It will also be difficult to impossibile for the two of you to conduct guild missions. These missions reward guild commendations, which is a currency that you can use to purchase ascended accessories, exotic backpieces, exotic weapons, guild banners, tonics, and other things. If you are interested in these things, you might want to join a larger guild that you can rep for missions only. I believe a few of these guilds are advertised in the Guild Recruitment section of this forum.