gw2 free to play client diff than regular?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

gw2 free to play client diff than regular? I got error when trying to log on my free to play account, thx.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

The client is the same but free/core/HoT have different levels of privileges. If you are getting an error message trying to access your free account you should consider submitting a support ticket.

The Burninator

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

List of differences. If you upgrade to a paid account there isn’t anything extra to download.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230165307-Account-types-Free-Core-HoT

Edit: Okay, they made the support site different. Font is a bit on the large side.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Wow. I’ve never seen that /hc Knowledge Base(Support) site before. Where did you find it, Behellagh?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Wow. I’ve never seen that /hc Knowledge Base(Support) site before. Where did you find it, Behellagh?

It looks to be the newest version of the support page. If you follow the support link this it where it goes now.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us

The Burninator

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I just clicked on support and got there as the old link from google didn’t work.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yes, I see they have changed the redirect to a new URL. Too bad the Forum Support links don’t work for some of us. Seems the ‘en.’ causes ‘bad certificate’ issues for some (and has for a month or so).