harpoon + superior sigil of fire

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Desamos.1836

Desamos.1836

I have the sup sigil of fire attached to my harpoon. Here’s question.. I dont see it. I dont see the damage, nor the animation. Checked combat log… Nothing there. Is it bugged? Or does this sigil not work underwater or something.

Posted by: Desamos.1836

Desamos.1836

No answer for two day :/. Maybe Im crazy .. I wanted to add, that I’m using the inquest Harpoon, maybe this harpoon has had bugs before?

(edited by Desamos.1836)

Posted by: mapokl.3167

mapokl.3167

I think sigil of fire don’t work underwater.

Posted by: Bluebizzer.1950

Bluebizzer.1950

Neither sigil or fire or air work underwater sadly.

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

They dont work while underwater BUT works if you attack a underwater enemy while on land.

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Yet an Elementalist can be attuned to both Fire or Air when underwater… There’s no real reason why they shouldn’t work if you ask me. They should make the Sigils work underwater.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Himei.5379

The issue is that it COULD be bugged? There are a few bugged sigils/runes so this being the case is possible. Like I mentioned in my post, if you attack a underwater enemy on land, it will work and you can see the fire/lightning. It will also work if you attack an enemy on land while you are underwater (Ranger’s Harpoon gun) but for some reason wont while both are underwater.

Posted by: Bluebizzer.1950

Bluebizzer.1950

Bit of a kicker for engineers underwater, with grenades being nerfed because of the enabling of sigils and then having 2 of the direct damage sigils not working underwater.

I haven’t tested the Earth sigil underwater, does that work?

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

The issue is that it COULD be bugged?

Of course.

However!

It COULD also be that the devs, for whatever reason, didn’t want a fire and a electricity-based Sigil working under water. In which case I find it rather silly.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Himei.5379

The issue is that it COULD be bugged?

Of course.

However!

It COULD also be that the devs, for whatever reason, didn’t want a fire and a electricity-based Sigil working under water. In which case I find it rather silly.

If that was the case, it shouldn’t work AT ALL even from what I’ve stated about positions. We will never know for 100% sure unless Dev address it. If they did it on purpose like you said, its rather silly.