headset?

headset?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

Hello all, I’m computer illiterate and don’t know much about teamspeak with all the functions. But my question is what is your most user friendly headset that you can recommend?

I use to have a turtle beach one, but broke recently. What I remember was it was confusing to set up, so I’m looking for something I can just plug in and use….keep in mind I’m dumb with computers please

Thanks!

Dtox

headset?

Posted by: Ni In.6578

Ni In.6578

For ease of use, I would just grab what ever random USB headset w/ mic fit your budget. Give us a budget range and perhaps we can be more specific :-)

WvW Rank – keeps going up
Server: Crystal Desert (so toxic!) | “Make CD DVD Again”
Guilds: [VII] – They let me claim stuff

headset?

Rambitshouse.8712

Budget is no issue

Thanks for any help.

Dtox

headset?

Posted by: Ni In.6578

Ni In.6578

This is what I use: https://en-us.sennheiser.com/gaming-headset-pc-363d

I also play games like Elite: Dangerous, where that 3d-ish sound is helpful (I turn it off for GW2, obviously). Anyhow, the quality has been really good over 1+ years. You should be able to find it cheaper elsewhere.

WvW Rank – keeps going up
Server: Crystal Desert (so toxic!) | “Make CD DVD Again”
Guilds: [VII] – They let me claim stuff

headset?

Rambitshouse.8712

This is what I use: https://en-us.sennheiser.com/gaming-headset-pc-363d

I also play games like Elite: Dangerous, where that 3d-ish sound is helpful (I turn it off for GW2, obviously). Anyhow, the quality has been really good over 1+ years. You should be able to find it cheaper elsewhere.

Cool thank you Ni In!

Dtox

headset?

Posted by: Farout.8207

Farout.8207

I was looking for a quality headset but couldn’t decide on which one to buy so I got a $35 cheapo set just to get me by. It is pretty comfortable, has decent enough audio and has been going strong for 3 years now. I’m pretty sure the brand name was Sentey. There are much better headsets out there but so far I have been pretty impressed for the price.

~ Cleetus

headset?

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I really like my Turtle Beach Stealth 450. It’s got a dumb name, but the sound and capture quality are excellent – if not a little too good, and it’s held up well for almost two years. Unless you’re a professional audio capturer/recorder and really need the best of the best sound quality, it’s more than enough, and runs way cheaper than most other headsets at just $100. I average a recharge maybe once every few days, too, despite almost always having music going, gaming or not. Controls are easy to manage and once used to them feel natural. Build quality is acceptable for the price. Doesn’t feel as solid as the z300 and other premium sets from sennheiser or razer, which I had prior (the transmitter randomly died on it), but I think this has to do more with it being designed as lightweight and unintrusive as I’ve come to respect the materials and build quality decisions over time. it isn’t as feature-loaded as many premium ones, but it does what its intended to do and does it really, really well.

It’s also insanely comfortable – more so even than the z300, and definitely more comfortable than any razer product I’ve ever demo’d which often get too hot or don’t sit well on/over the ears, which I think is a major part of buying a good headset. The removable boom is also nice if you like over-the-ear headphones, as it can then do double-duty (plugged in).

It only has two cons:

You really need to buy a longer usb : micro usb cable for recharging it. Unless you have a laptop or never plan to charge it while using it, the one they give you is only a paltry three feet long, and is not satisfactory for most purposes. USB cables are super easy to find, though, and aren’t expensive.

The built-in voiced responses to changing settings or turning it off/on. I don’t need some random woman saying “powering off” or “microphone muted” loudly in my ear when I’m fumbling about.

Otherwise, it’s a truly wonderful device.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

headset?

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I had considered getting a gaming headset but I already have a decent hi-fi and a great pair of headphones so I went ahead and got a yeti mic. Just plug in and set the gain using a nob on the back, use the other to set the pick up pattern and done. No mess, no fuss, no hassle.

Course this assumes you have a set of headphones already, depending on how your turtle beach headphones got broke it might prove an easy replacement to get a standalone mic if the headset still works.

headset?

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

most important thing to look at when buying a gaming headset is that you either get USB come with built in audio card allow you to boost audio. or you have to go 3.5mm jack that you will need an AMP to get real value out of the headset.

Most headset these day are USB based but higher end models still run on 3.5mm jack

i tried turtle beach there ok they break very easy from type of plastic they used to make them. But amp that come with them last a long time mine just died few months ago after having it for a good 4 years.

Logitech really good i never own one myself always hear good review from friends.

Same with steel series. i have a lot of friends that love there models because of prices vs what you get.

Sennheiser have very comfy fit but generally come with very low bass options.

Current model i have is Crossfade from V Moda. but there a bit higher end then typical gamer. an it require an amp.

i would recommend steel series or Logitech if you just want some entry level gaming headset..

headset?

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Had an old turtle beach set years ago, thinking of picking up Razer Kraken Pro – anyone got opinions on it?

headset?

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

HyperX cloud headset is what I currently use, I’m happy with it, much better than the Logitech that it replaced.

headset?

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Trust has the cheapest mics(afaik), but thats only if you don’t care about quality, and it might break within a year (doesn’t have to)

(edited by Amaimon.7823)

headset?

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Had an old turtle beach set years ago, thinking of picking up Razer Kraken Pro – anyone got opinions on it?

I borrowed from a friend for a day and hated every second of it. Sound quality and noise reduction are truly magnificent, but they were the single most uncomfortable earpieces I’ve ever worn. Didn’t fit well over the ears and created a lot of pressure/rubbing and were very, very hot.

He loves them, and it might be worth sampling, but I find elongated ear openings the best way to go in regards to comfort safety.

headset?

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

FWIW, I used a Turtle Beach headset briefly, and it was uncomfortable to wear (for my giant ears), but the real pain was that their microphone was way too omni-directional, and would pick up lots of background noise.

replaced with a Senhauser U320 which has a much nicer mike — no ambient noise, just voice — but still sits a little close for my ears comfort.

I’d also suggest looking at Plantronics headsets, as they have been “the” name in commercial headsets for folks who need them for 8+ hours a day as part of work, and some of that has carried through to their consumer gaming stuff too…

headset?

Rambitshouse.8712

Thanks for all the recommendations again all. Like someone else said, my turtle beach one cracked at one of the plastic fittings, kinda cheap whatever grade it is.

Dtox

headset?

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I borrowed from a friend for a day and hated every second of it. Sound quality and noise reduction are truly magnificent, but they were the single most uncomfortable earpieces I’ve ever worn. Didn’t fit well over the ears and created a lot of pressure/rubbing and were very, very hot.

He loves them, and it might be worth sampling, but I find elongated ear openings the best way to go in regards to comfort safety.

Ty for the response, will have to keep hunting around then. Might even go back to turtle beach brand and see what’s new.

headset?

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

I currently use a Corsair Void gaming headset, it’s a single jack headset which comes with an optional USB adaptor for digital sound quality and dolby surround. great set without 100 different buttons – just a simple mic mute and volume controls on the left earcup and optional equaliser software you can install on your system

Amazing quality for the price (Brand new £54.99) and has lasted me a year so far without any problems. Also really comfortable to wear with glasses, too.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

(edited by rapthorne.7345)