help deciding on class

help deciding on class

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: johnIV.3849

johnIV.3849

Alright guys I have a level 30 thief. He is pretty fun, but I really like soloing and seeing how much I can handle. Not sure if the thief is that good at this.

The other two classes I have been playing are necro, ranger, and warrior.

I just can’t seem to chose and I would like to quit alting so much. necro seems lackluster. Low damage and pets die so fast.

Ranger is pretty good with shortbow/greatsword. Pet does decent.

I am looking for a good all around class for solo/exploring, PvP
Thanks guys

help deciding on class

Posted by: Neoheart.2750

Neoheart.2750

You can use any profession you like at any time for sPVP so you should try each of them out with different builds for a while. I also recommend watching videos on the professions…theres quite a few good ones on youtube.

As for the necro, wat level did u play it to? I havent played one myself but i’ve heard that low level they are pretty meh but really come into it once they level a bit…maybe a necro could shed some light.

As for the thief, wat build are you using? Most thief complaints ive heard are usually from people who have made a glass cannon build. Wondering why they can only dodge twice, get hit twice, and die alot more than twice! lol.

I play thief myself and with my PvE build i outlast most. The thing is, your always on the move and that may not suit some peoples play style.

I think one of the great thing about gw2 professions is there really is no restraint on what race/profession and build you wanna use. Each one can be offensive, defensive, balanced or utility driven. Its more the look, style and weapons your deciding on…not what your limiting yourself to when creating the character.

help deciding on class

Posted by: johnIV.3849

johnIV.3849

Thanks for the reply neo. Ya guess your right I guess I really like the look of greatswords so maybe Ill try leveling my warrior or ranger.

My necros only level 11 so maybe I just need to put some more time into him.

But everytime I start playing something else I come back to my thief just because I always used a stealth class. But in this game stealth is a bit different. have to give up a lot of stuff to be able to be in stealth a lot.